The Runaways ; Nine

Song : Oui by Jeremih

Cher

"jack, we need to talk." i sighed. "it's important."

"Jack, baby, can we talk for a second?" I asked with a small sniffle. "It's really important."

He set down his phone and looked up at me. "Yea- Baby, what's wrong? Have you been crying? Are you okay? What happened?"

"I can't do this anymore," I gulped and took a seat by Jack. "I know about.... I know that you've been cheating on me Jack. I can't take this anymore, I've known for a few weeks but I just can't do this. I just can't."

He furrowed his eyebrows in cofusion but I could see the worriedness in his eyes. "What are you talking about, baby? I am not cheating on, I swear I am not. I love you so much, you know this. I would never do that to you."

"Stop lying to me, I am tired of all the lying!" I exclaimed as a tear fell from my eye. "Jack, I read the text messages. You've been cheating on me. I don't know for how long, hell you might have been cheating on me back in Omaha, but all I know is that I don't want to be with a lying cheater."

"You went through my phone?" He asked through clenched teeth. "How could you? I cannot believe you, Cher. It's good that you don't want to be with me because I don't want to be with someone who doesn't trust me."

I shook my head. "I left everything for you, Jack!" I yelled as the tears streamed down my face. "I left my family, my friends, my home, and for what? For someone who doesn't appreciate me? You don't love me anymore, it's clear you don't. I love my parents trust over some damn fuckboy! I ran away from home for someone who treats me like I am nothing!"

He scoffed.

"That is not my fault!" Jack yelled back. "You were the one who said yes, it's not like I forced you to leave your home or smoke weed or anything! You broke your parents trust on your own, you decided to leave everything behind, so don't even blame any of this on me! It was your choices that made you who you are now, not mine. My life was already fucked up enough but you didn't care. I tried to warn you but you stayed so don't pin your fucked up life on me."

 I wiped my eyes. "I am so tired of your shit, Jack. I am leaving."

He looked at me and laughed. "Oh, really? Where exactly will you go? You seem to forget that you have no friends here in Houston."

"I am well aware that I have no friends here in Houston that's why I'm going back to Omaha," I stated.