The Runaways ; Forty

Cher

"Cher, there's someone at the door for you!" Nate yelled from downstairs. I quickly walked down the stairs and once I saw who was standing in the door way, I wanted to immediately run back up the stairs but I had to be strong. I can't run away from my problems for the rest of my life.

I slowly walked to the door. "Long time no see," he stated as I finally stood in front of him. I awkwardly nodded my head. I have never been in this type of situation before so I had no clue what to say.

"I know you're probably wondering why I'm here," he sighed. "I wanted to apologize to you. I'm sorry for what I did, that wasn't right at all. You didn't deserve any of that and I am so incredibly sorry."

I just stood there silently. I had nothing to say to him. Especially not after everything he said and did to me. "Can you just say something? Anything?"

"What do you want me to say, dad?" I asked with a scoff. "Or should I even call you that, you know, since you basically disowned me? You have no right to come her after everything and just expect me to forgive you. Do you want me to say, 'of course I forgive you, I love you dad.' Because, no. If you want me to forgive you, it'll take more than an 'I'm sorry.' Prove you're sorry."

And with that, I slammed the door and calmly walked upstairs.