The Runaways ; Nineteen

Song : Marchate by El Komander

Cher

"Are you sure you really want to do this?" Jack asked as I started to get ready for my first day back at school since I dropped out. "I mean, you could always take online classes or something. You don't have to physically go."

I laugh and begin to carefully put on my mascara. "Babe, I am absolutely postive and I actually want to graduate on the stage and shit, not just get mailed a diploma. It's not the same. Are you upset about this? If you are, I can just sta-"

"No, no, no!" he cut me off and shook his head. "I know how much this means to you, so do it. I mean, yeah, it's going to suck being away from you for around eight hours a day and when we are together, you'll probably be doing gay ass homework. Don't quit or whatever just to please me, I'll be alright, now hurry up before you're late!"

I quickly ran in the closet and changed into my outfit. When I walked back into the room, Jack's eyes widened immediately. "Hell no, change that shit! You are not wearing that to school, not happening!"

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I asked in confusion. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what I am wearing, to be honest.

He shook his head. "You look hot, that's what's wrong."

"Why is that a bad thing?"

He groaned and got up off the bed, walking over to me. "You are going back to high school where's a bunch of horny ass little kids and you're dressed like this. I don't want anyone to steal my girl, that's why it's bad."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked his lips. "Baby, don't worry. My heart belongs to you and only you, no one else. So what if they think that I'm hot? I know that I have an amazing boyfriend so I won't do anything stupid. I promise."

"Alright, alright, I trust you," he stated as he pecked my lips. "I'll see you later."

I kissed his cheek before I grabbed my phone. I wasn't bringing anything else since I have been through this before and I know not to bring a whole bunch of useless shit. All you really need is your headphones, a pack of gum, your phone charger, and a snack. "Alright, bye, I love you."

"I love you too!" Jack smiled cheekily as he layed back down on the bed.

"Welcome to biology," a lady with short blonde hair smiled at the front of the room. She looks really familiar but I don't remember her name. "I am Ms. Stewart and I will be your teacher for this semester."

She grabbed some papers off the desk and continued, "Since today is the first day back, we won't get straight into work. For today, I want you all to talk to your classmates and get to know them but first let me take attendance."

She went down the list and when she finally got to my name, I was already bored out of my mind. This was a mistake, oh my God. "Here," I called out with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"It's good to have you back, Cher, I missed you last year," she smiled lightly as she set down the papers that were in hand.

After her little statement, everyone turned to look at me. "What? Have you never heard of a high school drop out coming back to get their diploma? Look away, damn. Do you people not have anything better to do?" I asked with annoyance clear in my voice.

They all quickly looked away and started their own conversations with one another. "Drop out, huh?" I heard someone ask from behind me. I turned around in my seat to see a cute boy sitting behind me with a small smile on his face.

"Yep," I nodded. "I dropped out a few months ago due to stupidity. I never got my diploma and I never graduated, so here I am."

He nodded lightly at my statement. "I'm Dylan, by the way. Dylan Sprayberry."

"I'm Cher, Cher Ramirez."

This year should be fun. "No, Cher, you have Jack," I silently reminded myself in my head.

Well, yeah I do have Jack, but it is okay to be attracted to someone else in a relationship as long as you don't act on those feelings. Yes, Dylan is cute, but I know that I have a boyfriend that I love so I'm not going to do anything.

I added my baby Dylan :) I was gonna do Cody Christian but then I was like, "Nah. He's 20 and I nons feel like making him younger for the story." I decided on Dylan bc he just turned 17. I would have done his character in Teen Wolf ( Liam , in case you didnt know ) but he's a sophomore so nah.