The Runaways ; Twenty-Two

Song : No Me Queda Mas by Selena 

Cher

"Hey Cher," Dylan greeted me with a small smile as he took a seat behind me. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me tonight? We could go see a movie or something? Are you down?"

I slowly turn to face him. "Um, yeah, that can't happen. My boyfriend would be pissed off if I even thought about it and I seriously don't want to get into a big ass fight with him. I'm sorry."

"Boyfriend?" He asked as he furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion. "You have a boyfriend? Oh, shit, really? Well, of course you would have a boyfriend, you're hot. I mean, oh, cool."

I nod my head slowly. "Yeah, he was there when we were studying. He was the really tall muscular guy with the bushy eyebrows that was staring at us from the living room. He has dark hair and he looks mean as hell."

"Oh," he nodded slightly. "I just thought he was your friend or something, I'm sorry, I didn't know. Um, yeah, well now I feel stupid so can we just forget that I even asked?"

I smiled lightly at his embarrasment. "It's totally fine, I'll go. I'll just tell Jack that I am going to hang out with a friend because that's what you are, a friend. No worries, there's no need to be embarrased."

Dylan

Of course she would have a boyfriend, why wouldn't she? She's so beautiful and she's the nicest person that I've ever met. She's so down to earth and that Jack guy is really lucky to be with her. I honestly thought that they were just friends.

But hey, at least she's hanging out with me tonight, right? "She said that you're a friend, nothing more than a friend," I reminded myself. "She has a boyfriend, Dylan, don't be a homewrecker and fuck up their relationship!"

It sucks that I just got friend zoned extra hard but hopefully I won't be stuck here too long. I don't really like ruining people's relationships or wishing anything bad to happen to the relationship but I hope they break up.

I really like Cher and it's good that I'm at least her friend but I can't be 'just friends' with someone as beautiful as her. I want more than that. I need more, just looking at how her cute little face scrunches up when she doesn't know the answer, is enough to make my day.

"Hey, do you want me to pick you up tonight or do you want to meet there?" I asked Cher as she blankly stared at the piece of paper in front of her. She has a really bad habit of not doing anything in class but it's so cute how she just stares into space.

She's probably thinking about that Jack guy. Or maybe she's thinking about me. Who knows?

She turned to me and smiled lightly. "I'll meet you there, Jack won't be happy to see you come and pick me up. He's very protective over me and doesn't trust you. Just imagine how he'd feel if you came and picked me up."

Jack is one lucky ass guy. He was lucky enough to win over this girl's heart. Her heart belongs to him and only him but I want that with her. I want to be the one who protects her, the one she cuddles with at night, the one who gets to sleep with her, kiss her, I want that to be me. I just want her.

I know we just must last week but damn, I think I'm in love.