The Runaways ; Forty-Five

The Wedding Day

I looked at myself in the full length mirror that was hanging in my dressing room. Today is the day that I am finally marrying the love of my life and I couldn't be happier. 

I am so excited to finally marry Jack but at the same time, I'm worried. I'm worried that we're rushing into this and that we'd regret this decision and I don't want that to happen. I for sure am not having second thoughs but I am terrified that Jack is. 

What if he decides that he doesn't want to marry me and he just leaves me at the altar?

A knock on the door interrupted me from my thoughts. "Hey, are you decent?" It was Johnson.

"Yeah, come on in," I stated. I heard the door open and I saw him walk in through the reflection on the mirror.

He smiled. "Wow, you look so amazing! Are you ready to go? You need to get walking down the aisle in five minutes."

I nodded and smiled. He took my hand in his as we walked down the hallways towards the doors where Jack was waiting on the other side. I saw my dad standing there with tears in his eyes and a wide smile on his face. "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you," I smiled.

One of the workers was about to open the door before I stopped him. "Wait!"

"Are you alright?" Johnson asked with a worried expression on his face.

"I don't think I can do this," I shook my head, letting a single tear slip out of my eye. "I fucking love Jack so much, don't get me wrong, but I am terrified that he's going to change his mind. What if he's having second thoughts? If he says no in front of everyone, my heart would be absolutely crushed. What do I do, Johnson?"

He shook his head. "Stop thinking like that. Trust me, that boy is absolutely head over heels in love with you! He would never ever do that to you and I know for a fact that he wouldn't change his mind on this. Think positive! You two love each other so so much, he's not going to change his mind."

"Are you absolutely sure?"

He nodded. "I've never been so sure in my life. Jack is madly in love with you, nothing will ever change that. Now are you done worrying so I can go get in position and you can finally marry the man of your dreams?"

I chuckled and nodded. "Alright, I'll see you out there," Jack opened the door slightly and quickly walked down the aisle and stopped next to Jack.

The workers finally opened the doors widely and the pianist started playing the infamous "Hear Comes The Bride" song on the piano.

My dad and I locked elbows as we began to slowly walk down the aisle. Everyone stood up from their seats and started clapping. When we reached the end of the aisle, I gave my dad a kiss on the cheek before he went to sit down.

Everyone sat down once I was standing next to Jack. I looked up at him and noticed that there were tears in his eyes. Oh no, was he crying because he realized he's going to be stuck with me for the rest of his life?

"We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony," the Preacher started speaking as I took a deep breath. "Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you."

Here we go, the day I've been waiting for since the day I knew I loved Jack.