The Runaways ; Twenty-Four

Jack

I woke up with a pounding headache and I groaned loudly. Why did I have so much to drink last night? I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that I wasn't in my room, I was in some random ass pink bedroom.

I turned over to my left and saw a brunette girl with her back facing me, sleeping. Oh thank God, it's Cher. I was about to lay back down but I realized that she didn't have the same skin tone as Cher and that Cher had recently chopped her hair off and dyed it darker.

I immediately sat up and began to panic. This wasn't Cher, this was Megan.

Megan was my ex that I dated for a little while before I met Cher. I never really liked her, I just wanted sex and nothing more, but she was obsessed with me and I guess she saw a chance to sleep with me so she took it.

The only thing running through my mind right now was Cher and how I hurt her once again. I was doing so god, I haven't cheated on her since we got back together. Shit, I haven't even thought about it. 

I realized how much I messed up the first time and how much I hurt her that I promised myself that I would never hurt her again. If I did, I would never forgive myself for hurting her once again.

She will never forgive me, not again. She has forgiven me for so much shit that I've done in the past that I'm scared she's tired of it. That she's tired of forgiving me and she's worried I will keep hurting her.

I reached over and picked up my phone. 20 missed calls, 30 voice mails, and 110 text messages. They were all from Cher.

I quickly got out of the bed and slid my boxers on, the rest of my clothes soon followed after.

"Where are you going?" I heard Megan ask from me but I paid no attention to her and walked out of her room, leaving her there by herself.

Cher

I jumped up from the couch as soon as I heard the front door open. I rushed over and sighed a sigh of relief when I saw Jack standing there with an unreadable look on his face. "Oh my God, I was so worried!" I exclaimed as I hugged him tightly and placed mulitple kisses on his cheek. "Where the hell have you been?"

"I'm so sorry," he sighed as he wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly. "I am so sorry, Cher, I swear to you that it won't happen again. I know that you're probably mad-"

I cut him off by placing my lips on his. "Baby, it's okay," I laughed lightly. "I was never mad, I was just worried sick about you since you didn't come home last night. I was so scared, I thought something bad happened to you since you weren't answering your phone."

"It's not okay!" he exclaimed and shook his head. "Cher, I did something terrible and I don't know if I can forgive myself. Shit, I don't know if you'll even forgive me. I can't lose you again."

I watched as a tear escaped his eye. "Babe, what's wrong?" I asked, wiping away the tear with my thumb. I hate seeing him this way. "It's okay, you can tell me anything. You know I won't judge."

He stepped away from me and shook his head.

"Last night, I went out with the boys and well, I got really drunk. Someone came up from behind me and placed a kiss on my cheek, which made me think it was you. The entire fucking time I thought it was you. We started kissing and one thing led to another. I woke up and realized that it wasn't you; it was someone else. I've never felt so bad about anything in my life."

Now it was my turn to take a step back. It felt as if my heart shattered into a million tiny pieces as the words escaped his mouth. I no longer felt guilty about the kiss with Dylan, in fact, I completely forgot about it because instead of feeling guilt, I felt hurt and betrayed. Once again.

"I knew you didn't change," I shook my head as a tear escaped my eye. "It was too good to be true. It's true when they say, once a cheater, always a cheater. I can't believe I forgave you! This probably wasn't even your only time cheating since we got back together!"

He shook his head rapidly and took a step towards me as he tried to wipe away my tears. "No, baby, I swear to God that this was the only time since we've gotten back together. I've changed so much since we got back together, you have to believe me. I would never hurt you on purpose."

"But you did!" I exclaimed loudly. "It doesn't even matter anymore. I think we need to take a break for a little while to figure shit out."

I looked up at him to see that he was crying. Not just slow tears, rapid tears. It pained me to see him this way and to know I'm the reason he's like this but it's for the best.

Jack

If I didn't go out last night, none of this would have happened. Cher wouldn't be ending things between us, her heart wouldn't be broken, and we would be fine. But nope, I went out with the boys, I got drunk, and I ended up sleeping with somebody that wasn't Cher.

This is all my fault. Everything is my fault. It was me who break her heart the first time, it was me who cheated numerous times, it was all me. I thought this time around would be different, that I wouldn't fuck up and hurt her anymore but it only takes on mistake, one drunken mistake, to fuck up everything.

God, I don't think I have ever hated myself as much as I do right now. I hurt the one girl that I love again after I promised that I wouldn't.

So here I am, sitting on the bathroom floor with my back against the door, crying my little heart out. I don't care if crying will make me look like a pussy or a faggot, I hurt the one girl that I have ever truly loved. And the worst part is, I probably won't ever be able to fix it.