The Runaways ; Forty-Three

"I'm nervous," I admitted with a loud sigh. "What if I say or do the wrong thing? What if he still hates me? Ugh, I just don't know about this, what if it goes terribly wrong?"

Jack let out a slight chuckle. "Don't worry, it can't be that bad."

"What if-"

"Stop over thinking everything," he cut me off and placed his hands on my shoulders. "It'll all be okay, after all, it's just your father. What's the worst that could happen?"

I ran my hand through my hair. "You're right, I can do this. I have to do this."

I grabbed my keys off the dresser and gave Jack a quick hug. "Bye, I love you," I stated before I left the bedroom. 

I walked down the stairs to see Sam sitting on the couch on his phone. He looked up at me and smiled lightly. "Hey Cher, where you off to?"

"I'm about to go eat lunch with my dad," I sigh lightly. "It was Jack's idea, not mine."

He raised his eyebrows slightly. "Ooh, good luck with that."

I smiled lightly at him and walked out the front door, shutting it behind me. I pulled out my phone and inserted the address of the restaurant my dad wants to meet me at.

Thankfully, the drive to the restaurant was very short, about five minutes actually. I walked in to see my father sitting in a booth, scrolling through something on his phone.

I walked over to the booth and slowly slid into the other side and set my phone down on the table. He looks up and smiles widely, putting his phone down. "Hey, I didn't see you walk in. I haven't ordered yet, do you want anything?"

"No I'm fine," I fake smiled. I only came here to make Jack happy and to hear my father out. Hopefully, this will be the last time I ever have to talk to him. 

"So are you excited about the wedding?" He asked. "I heard from Jack, I'm truly so happy for you two. I know that I was against your relationship completely at first but I see that he makes you happy so I'm happy for you."

I sigh lightly. "Look dad, I get that you're trying to be here for me but I just need an explanation. Why did you do me like that? I just want to know why you treated me as if I meant absolutely nothing to you."

"Honestly, I don't know," he ran a hand through his hair. "I guess I was just so heartbroken over your mother and I's divorce that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with you. I always thought that it was your fault."

Wow, thanks dad.

"I don't know why I didn't let you back in, I honestly don't. I guess part of me felt as if you should learn your lesson and not run away again. I don't know but I regretted it later that night but I never knew where you went until Jack called."

I sighed lightly. "You could've called me, you know. My number was still the same, I just got a new phone that's all."

"I didn't know," he stated. "Even if I did know your number, I probably wouldn't have called because I didn't think you'd want to talk to me after all I did to you. I practically disowned you and I am so sorry for what I did. I'd like to start over, what do you say?"

I nodded and smiled. "Of course. I'm still pretty mad about everything that happened but at the end of the day, you are still my father and I do love you. I can tell that you're trying to work things out, so I should put in the same ammount of effort."

-

I didn't realize how much I truly missed my father until today. We spent pretty much the entire day talking and catching up. He told me about how his life was like after they got divorced and I couldn't help but feel guilty. It was all of my fault.

He also told me that my sister is in college. Geez, I missed out on so much in the few months that I was gone.

I told him about how Jack proposed, where we lived when we left, how it was like coming back home after so long, where I stayed, pretty much everything. I decided on leaving out the whole Dylan drama and why I decided to leave Texas because honestly, he didn't need to know about that.

A big shoutout to theyloveedaizaa !! she's honestly amazing & the mf MVP !! I love her to death , go show her some love <33333