The Runaways ; Forty-Two

Cher || Two Months Later

For the past month, all Jack and I have been doing is wedding planning. Mostly me, though. We both said that we wanted a Spring wedding. Now, I know that's a little while away but I just want this wedding to be perfect. Jack said that he doesn't care how big or small the wedding is, he just wants us to get married.

"How about this color?" Sam's sister, Emily, asked. When she found out that Jack and I were engaged, she insisted on helping with the wedding planning so she's been helping me out a lot. Jack doesn't realy help out as much as I want him to, all he says is, "Baby, it doesn't matter, as long as I am with you, I'll be fine."

I can understand why he's not helping, he's a guy after all.

"Eh, it's cute but that's not really a wedding color," I shrugged, shaking my head.

For the past hour, Emily and I have been looking at patterns for the wedding. She probably thinks I'm being super picky and annoying because I turned down the past six designs she showed me but I want this day to be perfect.

Her phone buzzed on the table and she looked down at it, gasping lightly. "Oh my God, I totally forgot. I have dinner with Annie, I have to go. I'm sorry, Cher, can we continue tomorrow?"

"It's fine," I chuckled lightly. "It's getting late anyways and my head hurts from looking at all these colors."

She stood up and pulled me in for a hug. "Alright, well, I'll text you tomorrow to see what else needs to be done. Bye!"

I nodded slightly and she smiled before going up the stairs to say bye to Sam.

"Hey babe," Jack smiled as he sat down next to me. "How's it all coming along so far?"

"It's going great," I smiled lightly. "We already have so much done, we just need to go and look at venues, get a dress, and make the invitations. Oh, and also the colors. We need to decide on a color scheme."

He chuckled lightly. "That's great but I have a really quick question." I nodded which was my way of telling him to continue. "Well, did you work things out with your dad the other day?"

I looked at him confued. "How do you know about that? I didn't tell you about the talk we had," I was utterly confused. How did Jack even know that he came over here? Then it hit me. "Oh my God, Jack! You sent my dad over here to talk to me! He didn't come out of the kindess of his heart, you sent him here! Why?"

"Babe, don't be mad at me," he sighed and looked down at his lap. "I knew that I was going to propose to you so I went to your dad for his blessing. I know that he's not in your life anymore but I still thought I should ask and he said yes, on one condition, though. He said I have his blessing as long as he could come and see you. I really really really want you to be Mrs. Gilinsky so I told him fine. I didn't send him here, he came because he wanted to see you. I'm sorry."

I sighed lightly. Now I feel bad, he didn't send him over here, he wanted to come on his own. "Don't be sorry, baby, I didn't know. But to answer your question, no, I haven't talked to him since that night. Why?"

"I want you to give your dad another chance," he stated. "I know that you don't want to see him after everything that happened but after all, he is your father. If you guys do work it out, maybe he can walk you down the aisle? Deep down, I know that you miss him. Please give him a chance. It really seems like he wants to be in your life again so can you at least try and let him prove himself?"

I sighed. "I don't know if I can after everything that happened but since he's trying, I guess I should too."

twitter : voguejanos :)

tumblr : foolishgilinsky