The Runaways ; Forty-Four

The Night of the Rehearsal Dinner

"I'm so nervous," I gulped loudly, looking at myself in the mirror. "What if something goes wrong? What if no one shows up? What if we all get food poisoning and die? So much could wrong and-"

"Baby, please calm down," Jack cut me off, placing his hands on my waist. "I promise you that everything will be fine, please stop stressing over this. It's all going to be okay, please calm down."

I took in a deep breath and nodded lightly. He was right, I need to calm down because everything would be fine. Nothing will go wrong, it'll be a nice night and it's all going to be good. Everyone will get along, it'll be perfect.

I smiled lightly and hugged Jack tightly. I can't believe it, in less than forty eighy hours, I will be marrying the love of my life. "I'm so happy to call you mine," I stated and kissed his cheek. "I love you so much, Jack."

"I love you too," he smiled and kissed my forehead. "Are you ready to go now? We can't be late to our own dinner."

We walked down the stairs hand in hand to be greeted by all the boys standing around the living room wearing their suits. "Ah, finally, it took you long enough," Nate laughed. "Are you guys ready to go now?"

I nodded. Even though I was extremely nervous about the whole thing, I was also equally excited. In two days I am going to be getting married to my bestfriend and my lover, it all seems like  a dream to me. I never thought that I'd ever be marrying Jack Gilinsky.

I'm honestly so thankful for everything he's done for me, I love him to the moon and back. 

At the restaurant

"I'd like to thank you all for being here tonight," Jack smiled into the microphone. "I'm so glad that all of you could make it tonight and I'm so so so glad that in just two days, this beautiful girl right next to me will be my wife. Again, thank you all for being here, I hope you have a wonderful night."

He set the microphone down and sat back down next to me. I turned and smiled at him. "I love you so much baby."

"I love you too," he smiled and kissed my cheek. 

I looked over to see my mother walking into the restaurant with a nervous look on her face. "Um, I'll be back, I'm going to go talk to my mom really quick."

I got up from where I was sitting and made my way over to where my mom was standing. "Hey mom, I'm so glad you could make it," I greeted her with a small smile. "It's nice to see you here."

"Oh my, you look so beautiful," she stated and pulled me in for a hug. "Congratulations baby, I am so happy for you. I know I was completely against your relationship at first but honestly, you two are so cute and perfect for each other. I can see that Jack genuinely loves you and all I ever wanted was for you to be happy."

I smiled widely. "Thank you mom, it really means a lot to me. Come on, I reserved you a seat," I stated and grabbed a hold of her hand.

-

"That went really well," I chuckled lightly as I slipped on my shorts. "I'm so surprised that my parents were getting along so well considering their divorce wasn't pretty, from what I hear."

Jack smiled. "I told you there was nothing to worry about."

"For once, there is no drama in my life," I stated and sat at the edge of the bed. "Everyone is getting along, I'm happy as fuck, and I have a relationship with my parents again. I'm so happy, there's absolutely nothing anyone can say or do to change that."