The Runaways ; Thirty-Two

Cher

I walked through the front foor to see Jack pacing back and forth in the living room. He quickly snapped his head up to look at me and anger was evident all over his face. "You seriously went out with Dylan? Since when did you even have feelings for him?"

"It's really none of your business," I stated as I walked into the kitchen to grab a drink. Right as I opened the fridge door, Jack came up from behind me and shut it closed. "What's up your ass dude?"

I turned to look at Jack who had his jaw clenched and he was staring dead at me. If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now. "Why the hell did you go out on a date with him? I thought you guys were just friends and nothing would happen?"

"I like him, that's why!" I exclaimed as I stood in between Jack's arms that were rested on both sides of my head. "What is it that you don't understand? I like him, okay? A lot, actually. He treated me way better tonight than you ever have so I'm sorry if I like him! Actually, no I'm not because like I said, it's none of your business! We are not together anymore, in case you forgot!"

Jack rolled his his eyes and stared at me. "He's no good for you, Cher, why can't you see that? How can you not see that he is the biggest fucking douche out there and that he is just trying to get in your pants!? Are you seriously that naive?"

"I must be if I stayed with you for as long as I did."

He removed his hands from both sides of my head as his face fell. I didn't want to continue on with this conversation any longer so I walked past him and straight up the stairs and to my bedroom.

A few seconds later, I heard a knock on my door which caused me to mentally groan. I don't feel like talking to anybody, I just want to take a never-ending nap. "I don't want to talk to anyone at the moment! I don't feel like it."

"It's Johnson, can I please come in?"

I got off of my bed and opened up the door to let him inside my room. "Is everything alright? I heard what happened with Jack right now and I wanted to check and see if you were okay."

"I'm fine," I shrugged as I went back to my bed with him following behind me.

He shook his head and sat on the end. "No you're not, don't lie. What did Jack do this time?"

"Jack is being stupid for no reason!" I exclaimed. "I don't understand why he's getting so jealous and mad, we aren't together anymore. He broke up with me but now he's mad that I went on a date with Dylan? Then to top it all off, he practically called me naive."

He let out a slight sigh as he shook his head. "You know he didn't mean it like that. You know that boy loves you more than anything, we all know this. He's just stupid, we all know that as well. About the whole Dylan situation, he's angry because he was going to apologize to you but right when he was walking up the stairs to your room, Dylan showed up. He never got the chance to tell you, that's why he's pissed."

"I can't take him back no matter how much I want to, though," I let out a little sigh. "We have too many problems that we need to work out. I don't know if I can keep doing this back and forth thing with him. Plus, I want to give Dylan a chance because I think I might actually have feelings for him."