The Runaways ; Thirty-One

Jack

I need to tell Cher that I was overreacting and that I forgive her for kissing Dylan. Lets be real here, compared to all the things I have done to her, this was nothing. She has told me time and time again that she didn't like him as anything more than a friend so the kiss more than likely meant nothing.

This little breakup has seriously affected me in every way possible but it doesn't seem to phase her one bit. It's as if she doesn't care that we are not together anymore, she seems normal. She still laughs, she still talks to everyone, she's still living her life.

Okay, time to go get my girl back!

I was walking up the stairs when I heard the doorbell ring. Nobody else was home besides Cher and I so it was pretty much down to me to answer the door. Couldn't the person wait until I was done getting my girl back?

I rolled my eyes as I walked back down the stairs and towards the front door. I opened it and there stood Dylan with his hands in the front pockets of his jeans. "You have got to be kidding me. What are you doing here? Haven't you done enough damage already?"

"I am here to pick Cher up for our date," he smirked as he walked past me and into the living room. Date? What the hell is he even talking about? "I'm guessing from the look on your face, you had no clue? Anyways, is she here?"

I clenched my jaw and took in a deep breath to control my anger. I cannot even believe Cher right now, it's only been a week since we broke up. How can she have moved on so damn fast? "Nah, nah, nah! You're crazy, you're not taking her on a date. That is not happening little dude."

"Oh, really? Then who is?" He asked with an arched eyebrow. "Because it sure as hell isn't you. We are going on a date tonight and that is final. There's literally nothing you can say or do that'll change that."

I scoffed in disbelief. It's taking everything in me right now to not punch him in the face. Who does this dude think he is? "Listen kid-"

I was cut off by Cher's voice coming around the corner. "Hey Dylan, hey Jack."

When I turned around to look at her, she had a worried expression written all over her face. "Oh, hey Cher," I greeted her with the fakest smile ever. "Have fun on your little date tonight, I know I'll be having fun."