The Runaways ; Twenty

Song : Que Caro Estoy Pagando by Los Plebes Del Rancho de Ariel Camacho

Cher

"How was your first day back at hell?" Jack asked as I sat next to him on the couch. "Did you make any friends? Was it the same from a few months ago? Was it easier or harder? Did you hate it like I said you would?"

I laughed and shook my head as I realized that he was watching yet another episode of 'Keeping up with the Kardashians.' "Again with this show?" I questioned as I rested my head on Jack's shoulder. "You sound like a concered father that just sent his child off to her first day of school. Not even my dad worries that much about me. But yeah, today was good."

"Well, it kind of is like that," he shrugged lightly. "I'm your daddy, so technically, it is like sending my child off to school. Also, it's not my fault that I love you and I don't want you to get hurt. I couldn't live with myself if something ever happened to you but I am glad that you had a good day and if you want, I will stop being so overprotective and concerned."

I laughed lightly and picked my head up to look at him. "Oh, I never said to stop. I think that it's really cute how you're overprotective of me and that is one of the main reasons why I love you. I know that I am safe in your arms and that you would never allow anything bad to happen to me."

He smiled and looked down at his lap. Awe, he's blushing. I pinched his cheeks and pulled his face up to look at me. "Awe, look at my baby blushing!" I exclaimed as I kissed him on the cheek. "You look so cute, oh my God. Baby, why are you so cute?"

"You're cuter, though," he cheekily smiled as he hid his face in my neck. "I fucking love you so much," he mumbled against my skin.

"Oh, right, I never got to ask earlier but did any guys hit on you or anything?" Jack asked as he layed down next to me on the bed. "Did anyone flirt with you or try to get with you?"

I shrugged lightly. "I got a few winks from a few guys as I walked past them but it was nothing serious. I didn't stop to talk to them or anything, they gave off that fuckboy vibe."

I decided to leave out the little Dylan situation because it really wasn't anything serious and I don't want him to worry about anything. Plus, he was having a really good day and I didn't want to be the one to ruin it. It's not a big deal, honestly.

"I wish that I was there to let them know you're mine," he groaned as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "Maybe I should go get a t-shirt made that says, 'Jack's girl' in big bold letters with a picture of us on there and that's all you'd ever wear."

I rolled over on my stomach to where I'm facing him. "Don't be jealous over these little boys. They're all just stupid ass people who want to get in my pants but I won't allow that to ever happen. These boys ain't shit compared to you and they ain't got shit on you. I would never cheat on you because, sadly, I know how it feels and I wouldn't want to put anyone through the pain that I went through."

Jack looked up and his eyes were a little glossy. "I am so sorry Cher," he let out a sigh. "You didn't deserve any of the shit that I put you through."

"No, Jack, I'm sorry. I-"

"Don't be sorry," he cut me off. "You can bring it up anytime because I know that even though you forgave me, you didn't forget. It's okay to bring it up, everyone makes mistakes but mine was just bigger than most peoples. Don't be sorry for something that I did and for something I deserve."