The Runaways ; Thirty-Four

Cher

It's been three weeks since that night. I thought that maybe it was a one time thing because he was just in a mood but it's progressively gotten worse. If I don't do what he asks, he will hit me. Not just a little slap, sometimes full on punches.

I haven't told anyone about the whole situation and I wasn't planning on it either.

I'm really hoping that he'll lay off tonight since it's my birthday.

I walked down the stairs to see all of the boys sitting on the couch, smiling. Johnson was the first to notice me and he stood up from the couch, walking over to where I was standing. "There's the birthday girl!" he exclaimed as he pulled me in for a hug. "We have something huge planned for you!"

I used to always love my birthday's since the guys would usually plan something big every year but then I remembered that this is the first year that I won't be spending it with my family.

"What's wrong?" Nate asked as we wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Lil mama, you can't be sad on your birthday! It's your day to shine!"

I let out a little sigh. "This is the first year that I won't be celebrating my birthday with my family."

He pulled me in for a hug. "It's all good, fuck them! They are the dumbest people in the world if they don't want you in their life. They are not worth it, Cher. They might be your family by blood but that doesn't matter. We are your family, it doesn't matter if we're not blood."

I smiled widely and nodded. "Alright, looks like tonight we will be getting turnt."

***

[ Sprayberry👅 ]: Babe, I'm on my way. Be ready when I get there! 💓

[ Cher ] :  I can't go out with you tonight, babe.😣  The guys threw me a party, so maybe another time? 😬

[ Sprayberry👅  ] : And I wasn't invited? I don't care, be ready in five mintues, I am still coming to get you.

[ Cher ] : No, stop. I don't want to be rude and leave, they worked so hard on this party and I'm having fun with them right now. You can take me out tomorrow night or something.

[ Sprayberry 👅 ] : I'm here, I guess I'll just come in and get you since you want to be a little bitch about it.

I quickly found Sam who was dancing with some girl and I tugged his arm to get his attention. He looked down at me and smiled. "Hey Cher!" he yelled over the loud music. "Are you enjoying the party?"

"I really need your help!" I yelled back in response. He told the girl that he was sorry and that he'd be right back. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up the stairs and into my bedroom, locking the door behind me.

He smirked and an arched an eyebrow at me. "I always knew you wanted to ride the Sammy train."

"No, you dumbass!" I groaned and rolled my eyes. "I don't need that type of help, especially not from you. I need some really serious help, like, right now."

He let out a little laugh but he immediately stopped when I glared at him. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. What's up? What do you need help with?"

"Dylan is here."

Sam furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion. "That's a bad thing, because? Isn't he your boyfriend?"

"He is, but you see, he wants to take me somewhere else, like, away from the party but I don't want to go since I'm having fun here."

He took a seat on the edge of my bed. "Then don't go with him," he shrugged. "It's that simple, Cher."

"It is, though!" I exclaimed and sat next to him. "You don't understand. When I don't listen to him or obey him, he gets angry. Really angry. Then he- never mind. I can't tell you."

I want to tell Sam so bad but I can't because knowing him, he'd go off on Dylan and then Dylan will go off on me because I told someone about the abuse. If I told Sam, things would just get worse for me.

"You can trust me, Cher, what is it?" he asked as he looked over at me. "What does he do when he's angry? Does he yell? Scream at you? What?"

Should I tell him? I know that I can trust Sam with anything. He was there for me when I needed him, he can help me with this problem, right? Hell, he even let me move in with him after my parents didn't want me anymore so I guess I do owe it to him to tell him.

"You have to promise me that you won't tell a single soul. Promise me that you won't tell anybody and what is said in this room, does not leave this room."

He nodded his head. "Of course, I promise."

"When Dylan gets mad at me he.... he hits me," I explained as I looked down at my hands. "He takes all of his anger out on me like I'm some human punching bag or some shit. When I don't do what he wants me to do, he hits me. Sometimes, he forces me to have sex with him."

Sam's jaw was clenched, his nostrils were flared, and his fists were balled up next to him. He was beyond pissed off, there was no doubt about it. "I am going to fucking kill him!" He yelled as he stood up from the bed.

I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him back. "No, please Sam, don't do anything! It'll just make things worse, you promised you wouldn't do anything!"

"I didn't know what it was, though! This is not okay!"

I sighed and shook my head. "Please Sam, you really don't understand. You'd probably beat the shit out of him and then he'd turn around and beat the shit out of me and I don't want that to happen. Please, don't. I am begging you and I never beg for anything."

He pulled me into a tight hug and shook his head. "I can't just sit here and not do anything about this! I can't just sit back and pretend like he's not hurting you, it's not right. What he is doing to you is not right! You deserve so much better than that."

"I know," I whispered. "I'm scared of leaving him, though. I don't know what he's capable of, Sam, and I am so scared of what he'd do to me. I promise you, I will tell somebody. I promise I will. I'm not ready yet, though, please understand."

I felt something wet on my neck so I pulled away and saw that his eyes were bloodshot and a tear had slipped down his cheek. "Sam, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I can't do it!" he exclaimed. "I can't let him do this to you. If I just sat back and let it happen, what kind of friend would I be? I can't stand the thought of you getting hurt. I don't want to sit around as if nothing is happening to you when I know that you're hurt. I can't, I'm sorry."

I wiped away the tears that fell and I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. "Trust me, Sam, I want to tell someone! I really do and I will but just not right now, just give me time."

Yall can't tell me Samuel isn't best friend goals!!