The Runaways ; Forty-One

Cher

"Jack!" I called from the bedroom. "I'm going to borrow one of your shirts, okay!?"

I stood from the bed and kneeled down next to the nightstand and opened the bottom drawer where all of Jack's t-shirts are. I began to dig to the bottom because all of my favorite shirts are there. 

I was trying to find a shirt when I felt a hard box type thing. 

I picked it up and saw that it was a little velvet box. A small gasp escaped my lips as I held onto the little box. "This can't be real," I whispered to myself. Was he planning on proposing to me? When was he planning on it? Was this even for me?

All of these questions were running through my head. This was probably one of the most nerve wracking experiences of my life. I was so deep into thought that I didn't even hear Jack run in here.

"You weren't supposed to find that," he groaned and shook his head. He walked over to me and the grabbed the little box from my hands. "I was actually planning on doing this tomorrow night but since you already found the ring, why not do it now?"

He bent down on one knee and looked at me. "I was hoping the scenery would be a little more romantic than our bedroom but this'll do," he chuckled lightly. "I know that throughout our whole relationship, I've made some dumbass mistakes and that I have messed up so many times but you stayed with me through it all. I don't know why but you did. Even thought I might of not shown it that well, I did love you. Hell, I still do. I am so in love with you it hurts. You made me want to be a better person. I am who I am today because of you and I am so thankful for meeting you. If it weren't for you, I'd probably be rotting in a jail cell. I'm not really good at this whole speech thing so what I'm trying to say is, will you marry me?"

"Of course I'll marry you," I nodded my up and down as my eyes got watery.

He smiled widely and carefully slid the ring on my ring finger. He helped me stand up and then he attached our lips together. "You're so cheesy," I laughed as a tear escaped my eye. "I still love you, though."

"Only for you," he smiled and placed another kiss on my lips. "And I love you too."

This was so cheesy, OMG. But is there really a non-cheesy way to propose? Yeah, I didn't think so.