The Runaways ; Thirty-Five

Fuckboy Wilk

"Cher, I've got to tell somebody," I sighed as I looked over at her. "I can't keep this from anyone any longer, it's been two months. I only stayed silent because you're my best friend and I respect your decision but this is too much for me. I can't keep it in anymore."

She was putting on some liquid stuff to cover a bruise that she had on her right cheek. I hate seeing her like this. She always has to go out and buy more make up for her brusies. The ones that she couldn't cover, she said they were from a fight she had at school.

"Now isn't the right time," she sighed as she looked at me through the mirror. "I just need a little more time, Sam."

"Okay, well, when is the right time?" I raised my voice which caused her to flinch. "You're always saying how it isn't the right time and that you're not ready. How much time do you need? It's been two months, two damn months that I have known about this! I can't keep it in any longer, this isn't okay!"

She just stood there and stared at her feet. "Look, I am sorry for raising my voice at you," I let out a sigh and pulled her in for a hug. "I just, I can't do this anymore. I feel so guilty about keeping this in for as long as I have. Imagine how I'd feel if he went a little too far and you ended up dead? I'd feel like absolute shit because I knew about it and I did nothing to help!"

"If you don't want  to do anything about it, at least let me do something," I added. "Let me talk to Dylan about it. Let me set him in his place, please."

She pulled away and shook her head. "No, I don't want you to get hurt. He will hurt you, Sam, I know he will. Please, don't. I don't want you to get hurt because of me!"

I let out a slight chuckle. "Cher, I can handle it. I'd be good, don't worry about me."

"You can handle what?" I heard someone ask from behind us. I turned around to see Jack standing there, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest. Oh great.

"I can handle the uh.... the... um, the-"

"It's fine, Sam, I will tell him," she let out a little sigh. "I am finally ready to tell somebody else so I'll tell Jack and the hopefully, I'll be ready to actually tell the police."

I sighed and nodded slightly. "Okay, what's up?" Jack asked as he looked over at Cher.

She took a deep breath before she spilled absolutely everything. When she got to the part about where he'd hit her, Jack's eyes went wide and he clenched his jaw together in anger.

"I am going to fucking kill him!" He yelled and you could clearly see that he was beyond pissed off.

She tried to say something, probably how he shouldn't do that, but I cut her off. "It's fine, Cher, we've got this. We can handle this little fuckboy, don't worry, we will be fine. Plus, he deserves everything that's coming his way."