Chapter nineteen

-Tate- 

"What are you talking about?" Callie asks.

I can't do this any longer. The only option is that it really has to stop completely. It's just unrealistic to think it would work between us.

"It needs to stop right now." I say back. I close my eyes because I don't want to look at her. I never want to look at her again. She makes me feel things I don't want to feel.

"It?" She looks at me. She walks towards me. I back away to avoid her until I crash into the table behind me. She places her hands on either side of me on the table. "What do you mean by it?"

"You know what I'm talking about" I say.

"There's never been an it." It feels like she just said those words in slow motion. She turns and walks out of the room back to the party.

Sometimes you have to walk away from an argument to win it. And that is exactly what she does. She's right about there never being anything between us. I just think I've been fooling myself lately.

I think the idea of her is better than the reality of her. The idea is there, but the reality will never come. I think I've just lost myself lately. I have become a completely different person because of her. I don't like the person I've become.

It's better if it just stops. We just have to go back to the old Callie and Tate who hate each other so incredibly much.

I walk back to the party myself. I walk towards Madison who looks like she's had a little too much to drink. There are a lot of guys around her who give her all their attention. The moment I walk up they shift all their attention to me. I don't understand why they are still trying.

"Hey Tate, I was wondering, what does Liam have that we don't have why he did it?" One of the guys asks.

"He slept with you and Callie. I must admit that is quite an achievement. What's his secret?" adds another guy.

I don't like how they compare me to Callie. And I don't like how they see me and Callie as some sort of prize.

"Wouldn't you and Callie be up for a threesome?" one of the guys asks as he turns to smile at his friends.

I really don't feel like these jokes right now. I walk off to the kitchen to get another drink and I bump into Liam on the way.

"Sorry I wasn't paying attention." I say to him.

''It's okay. I wanted to say sorry to you. It wasn't fair of me to treat you like that when Callie was there."

No, it really wasn't fair. I felt like things were finally getting better between us after our break up. He's clearly in love with Callie right now. But it is also clear that things will not work out between the two. Callie doesn't want anyone at all right now.

"Just so you know, me and Callie was a one time thing" I lie. It's happened more than once. I keep saying it's a one time thing but it's not anymore.

"I don't know if I was angry because you kissed her or because she kissed you," Liam says. "I'm not with Callie anymore, but I've been with you for a long time"

Me and Liam have indeed been together for a long time. But that doesn't mean I can't kiss other people. He's the one who ruined our friendship.

I look beside me and I see that Callie is dancing with Chloe a few feet away. I see her constantly trying to keep an eye on me and Liam.

"I still hate that things are over between us," Liam adds.

I know as well as everyone around me that Liam actually still likes me. He does pretend but when it comes down to it he always ends up with me. Just like now.