Chapter 38: When Lisa Showed Up, the Hall Suddenly...

Although she did not expect to see her, it was not that strange for her to show up.

Although Somi was only Lisa's secretary, she was a friend of the Manoban family. Given that she was within the country and could make it for the Elder's eightieth birthday, it was reasonable that she would come up to wish him a happy birthday.

With one glance, Jennie saw that Somi was holding a delicately crafted gift box.

Somi was especially good to look at. Her brows and eyes were soft, her facial features refined, and she had a graceful temperament. Today, she had taken care to dress up and was not dressed in business wear. Instead, she had on a low-key dress that showed off her status. Every smile and frown caught the eye of the elders who saw her as an outstanding, unmarried young girl.

Elder Manoban glanced back. "Aiyo, Somi, you came so early? You've only been back in the country for a short time. You must not have adjusted to the time difference yet. It's so rare to have a break; you should have rested. Why did you come so early?"

It was as though Somi did not see Jennie who was currently tugged by Elder Manoban's side. She only smiled and said, "It's all right. CEO Manoban normally takes very good care of me. Working by his side isn't very tiring."

She acted as though her earlier sentence meant nothing and sent the gift box over with a smile.

"This child, it's not easy that you could come back to the country to see me, why did you bring a gift?" Elder Manoban smiled, happily reaching out to receive it.

"Somi is already so big? Ai, we are really old now. Wasn't this child still learning in America? Why did you suddenly come back? Could it be to specially wish Elder Manoban a happy birthday? You are really sincere ah." Several of the Manoban family elders walked in and saw Somi. They immediately approached with smiles.

At the same time, someone added, "That's right, in the past, we all thought Somi would become the Manoban family's daughter-in-law, who would have thought..."

The person had yet to finish when the uncle by his side slapped him. He immediately shut up, glancing at Jennie in embarrassment.

At this moment, everyone's gaze appeared to move toward Jennie.

Jennie appeared as though she heard nothing, receiving the unopened gift from the Elder. She placed in on the shelf by the side full of gifts and turned back to say, "Everyone, sit down and have a chat. I'll go cut some fruit."

Everyone waiting to see a good show was stunned. They never thought that Jennie would calmly bring out the attitude of the Manoban family's lady host.

This even shut up the people who wanted to continue with their mocking words.

Somi glanced at her unopened gift placed on the shelf; covered by all the other gifts.

She kept smiling, her gaze carelessly moving toward where Jennie had left.

This Jennie appeared to be unlike what she had heard before returning to the country.

-

After cutting up some fruits, Jennie brought it out. Her words and actions were all very suitable. Those elders who were waiting to grab hold of the opportunity to scold her could only glance at her. Given that the Elder was here, they gave him some face. However, some of them could not help but reveal the unhappiness in their eyes.

"Little girl, go outside and see if Lisa has returned yet?" Elder Manoban noticed that almost all the guests were here and directly spoke to Jennie.

"All right." Jennie turned to leave.