Chapter 196: Did You See Them Kiss or Hug?

Jennie left the balcony, closed the window, and returned to the sofa, looking at her cell phone as she picked up the medicine to apply to the wound under her foot. Then she picked up her cell phone and sent him a text message.

[I'm going to bed. Good night.]

After she sent the text message, she waited until the ointment under her feet was dry, got up, and went to the balcony again.

When she looked down, the car had already left.

Jennie looked up at the bustling long street in the distance.

He was concerned about her life, but still shut her out.

Interesting.

That was really interesting.

You hoped for me to live well.

Then Lisa, from today on, I will live my life as wonderful as I can. My life will be so wonderfully shining that you won't be able to avoid me and will see my shadow everywhere!

...

Seoul was very hot in the summer.

Jennie Manoban Studio was about to be relocated. The office building had been built, and they just needed to clean up the interior of the offices. It would only take more than a week to complete the relocation.

Jennie, in a baggy white print T-shirt and casual shorts, went back and forth to the office with a whitewashing kit in her hands.

Rosé had just returned from buying a dozen popsicles when she saw that the people who tidied up the office had rested except Jennie, who was still working hard.

"Don't you know you're the boss? Why do you still keep painting yourself when all your employees are resting? Didn't the workers say there would be glass panels in these areas? What's the point for you to paint them white? They can't be seen anyway." Rosé went to take a popsicle out of the bag and handed it to her. "Oh, it's so hot. The building is still not connected to electricity, so the air conditioner is not working. Look, you're sweating all over. Come on, have a popsicle."

Jennie painted the last area where the color was missing white. Then she put down her tools and wiped the sweat off her face, but a piece of white starch from her hand rubbed against her cheek.

She had more than one white patch on her face, which was on her nose, chin, and neck. Rosé held back a smile and handed her the popsicle. "Eat it first. Remember to wash your face later."

Jennie looked at her in confusion, tearing open the bag of popsicles and saying, "What are you laughing at? You've never seen such a beautiful boss?"

"I've never seen a boss who works like a horse like you. What's wrong with you this week? Not long ago, you were depressed, but recently you are so motivated and work so hard. I think you need not go to the gym recently because you've had enough exercise by decorating this house and painting the wall together with the workers."

Jennie took the wipes Yeji handed her and wiped her hands. Then she took a bite of the popsicle and looked at the walls of the office. "I will not put any glass there. I plan to put some other stuff, so it looks better if I paint it into the same color."

Rosé raised her eyebrows and glanced at the white patches on her face. "When I went out just now, I ran into Song Kang in a nearby cafe, the guy who had been sending you flowers. After he knew you were here, he said he'd like to invite us for iced coffee. And he specially invited you. Are you going or not?"

Jennie remained expressionless. "I told you to tell him never to send me flowers again! Why do you still agree to his invitation?"

Rosé shrugged. "Boss Manoban disappeared. I feel obliged to find a new boyfriend for you. You know, as your BBF, I always spare no efforts in helping you."