Chapter 192: He Picked Up the Call

The servants were startled to see Jennie's situation. Some of them rushed over and assisted Auntie Chen in pulling Jennie up, and some turned and hurried to call Lisa.

In the chaos, Jennie woke up as soon as the call went through. Leaning on Auntie Chen's chest, she frowned and raised her hand to rub her forehead when she heard a servant said on the phone, "Mr. Manoban, Madam fainted and fell down the stairs. When will you be back, Mr. Manoban..."?

Hearing this, Jennie immediately turned to that servant. "Don't call him back. I'm fine."

She spoke softly, but the servant paused, hesitated, and came to her with the telephone.

"Mr. Manoban asked me to give you the phone, ma'am..."

Jennie paused, raised her hand, and put the phone to her ear.

His voice was casual and indifferent and cold as usual, which made her shiver. "What? Can't you even survive without me? Cold, fever, and now even walking can cripple you?"

Jennie had not expected him to return. She just felt dizzy and lost her footing. However, after hearing such cold words, she still felt utterly disappointed.

"I wasn't trying to force you back. I was just being careless. The servants were too scared for me and made a fuss. Don't take it seriously. But Yu Garden is our home anyway. Will you never return?"

Lisa's voice was calm and flat, and she couldn't tell what he was thinking at all. "I can see that you like Yu Garden very much. Its ownership has been transferred to you. With this property, you can live a carefree life for the rest of your life and won't live a depose life again."

Of course, she wouldn't live a displaced life again. She had the work and the life she created with her own hands.

Jennie really didn't have the energy to ask about these matters that were not important to her right now. She clutched the phone and asked again, "Will you never return to Yu Garden, our home, again?"

She got no answer.

Lisa just hung up.

Cold beeping sound came out on the phone. Jennie listened motionlessly as if she was not certain whether he hung up, or as if she didn't believe that he suddenly hung up without any other word.

"Mrs. Manoban..."

Auntie Chen and the servants were about to help her up, but Jennie just sat on the floor, looking down at the darkened screen.

"I'm fine. I just fell." Jennie gently pushed their hands away. "I can get up on my own. You don't have to stay here with me."

"Madam, let me help you to the table to sit down, all right?" Auntie Chen asked softly.

Jennie nodded, but when Auntie Chen helped her up, she felt dizzy again.

After helping her to the table, Auntie Chen suddenly raised her hand and touched her forehead. "When I held you up just now, I felt the heat through your clothes. Do you have a cold and a fever? Shall I call a doctor?"

"I'm fine. I just got caught in the rain. It's not that serious. I'll just have some of the brown sugar ginger tea you just made."

...

Lisa stood in the large and cold office and then strolled to the floor-to-ceiling window. On this rainy night, there was no light from the stars and the moon in the sky. Through the window, he could feel the chilly coldness falling onto the office, which was full of materials and documents.

Seunghoon was about to go off work when he received a call. Seeing it was from Lisa, he picked up the call.

On the other end of the line, his voice was low and deep yet clean. "Find a doctor with the same medical ethics and skills as you and ask him to go to the Yu Garden to see Jennie."