Chapter 97: Don't Tell Me You're Pregnant?

The moment she met Irene's gaze, the smile on Jennie's face fell. She kept her phone into her pocket and glanced at her mildly. "You didn't go to the club with them?"

"I went, but it wasn't that interesting, so I came back." Irene raised a delicately crafted box. "I bought a lot of desserts from the shop outside our school gates. Let's have them together!"

Jennie nodded her head and entered the dormitory.

Without Nancy, the room was much quieter.

Irene opened the box and handed various types of sweets to them. She then naturally sat on the end of Jennie's bed, chatting with Jennie as she ate her little mousse cakes.

Most of the topics were focused on Jennie.

Asking why Jennie decided to open a studio related to the property market.

Asking what else she did at home, aside from working on her studio.

Asking why she decided to study corporate management...

Finally, she casually asked, "Jennie, who were you calling earlier? From the way you were smiling so radiantly, I'm sure you weren't talking to your parents. It must be your boyfriend, right?"

Jennie held her unfinished notes, calmly speaking as she read through it, "You've asked so much. Are you actually interested in me, or interested in my so-called boyfriend?"

Jennie finally glanced up at Irene. Although she was smiling, her eyes contained an unfathomable distance.

Irene blinked. "I'm just casually making conversation since there's nothing else to do. I have an elder cousin that I'm close to. Maybe because you and she are of the same age, I feel much closer to you."

Jennie raised her brows. "Elder cousin?"

Irene nodded but did not continue bringing up her cousin. "And you see, we've all shared our family backgrounds. Nancy's words don't conceal anything, and Nayeon's company background can be easily found on the internet. You shared that you have a studio in Seoul, but you didn't mention anything else. I'm indeed quite curious about you."

Hearing this, Nayeon who was sitting across finally glanced up at Jennie.

"I only have a studio. My family background is simple and clean; there's nothing to be curious about." Jennie's words were indifferent. She then took another glance at Irene. "If we were to talk, wouldn't you, as the young lady from SM Group that came all the way from America, be much more worthy of my curiosity?"

Irene immediately smiled bashfully. "I'm not that different from the rest of you. It's only that my home is slightly further way."

"Only?" Jennie raised her brows. "Then it seems like all of us are very simple. What more is there to dredge up?"

"Jennie, I just wanted to get to know you better. I might have asked too much, but that's because I don't have a lot of friends in the country. Don't always be so distant..."

Nayeon suddenly spoke up, "Everyone has a different personality. Jennie clearly doesn't wish to talk, yet you keep asking. Why are you so senseless?"

Irene's expression finally faltered. She thought for a moment and suddenly handed Jennie more sweets. "All right, I won't ask anymore. I'll go and read too."

She stood up and returned to her own bed.

Jennie glanced at those sweets Irene had placed by her bedside and casually handed them over to Nayeon. "You can have them. Recently, I've strangely lost all interest in sweets. My stomach always feels poor when I have them; I find them disgusting."