Chapter 73: They All Had Their Own Schemes, Who Would Take the Lead

The next night, Jennie and Lisa returned to the Manoban home and saw there were several cars parked in the front yard.

Director Manoban had only returned to the country for a trip, yet he had to bring so many cars along.

It was truly different to be in charge of Shine Group. After returning to the country, he had countless bodyguards by his side. Even the bodyguards' cars were wealthy and were at least worth a million yuan. It was truly a different level of extravagance.

As it was approaching mid-autumn, the two of them could feel the celebratory atmosphere in the air as they walked into the Manoban home.

The moment they entered the front living room, they saw Elder Manoban and Marco chatting with the Jeon father and daughter over tea. It seemed like they had brought up something happy and were all smiling.

Somi sat right by her father's side. When she raised her head, she saw Jennie and Lisa entering with their fingers intertwined.

Marco's smile instantly dissipated. He glanced at Father Jeon whose gaze turned slightly cold and judging upon seeing Jennie. He carefully sized up Jennie.

"Grandfather." Jennie appeared as though nothing was out of the ordinary as she greeted Elder Manoban. Her expression was natural and unaffected by the surrounding gazes. She then openly turned to Marco whose expression was not very good. "Father."

Marco coldly shifted his gaze away and did not reply.

Jennie did not feel humiliated as she smiled at Father Jeon. "Mr. Jeon, nice to meet you. I'm Lisa's wife, Jennie."

Jennie's attitude was neither servile nor overbearing, leaving nothing for him to pick at. No matter how unhappy he was, Father Jeon could not display it as openly as Marco had. He also had to consider Elder Manoban sitting right next to him.

"There's no need to stand on ceremony. Miss Kim, quickly sit down," Father Jeon replied.

Somi also revealed a mild, polite smile. She glanced at Jennie before shifting her gaze to Lisa.

Lisa raised the gift box Jennie had specially gone to purchase along the way, handing it to the family's butler, Uncle Yang. "Jennie heard that father and Uncle Jeon are heading back to the States and knows it's difficult to find good tea there. She also knows the both of you have the hobby of enjoying tea, so she specially chose a few boxes of Bi Luo Chun before heading here."

Marco's face still clearly displayed his dissatisfaction. However, this was not the time to be privately lecturing her. He glanced at Jennie's natural and virtuous attitude and really could not find anything to be unhappy about. He indifferently knitted his brows and coldly said, "En, put it down."

Uncle Yang was about to bring those boxes of tea to the back when Elder Manoban suddenly turned back for a look, raising his brows. "It's Dong Ting Bi Luo Chun? This is indeed an authentic good tea difficult to obtain abroad. It's been a long time since I've had Bi Luo Chun. Quick, go make some of the tea that our Kim brat brought. Let me taste it!"

"All right, Elder." Uncle Yang responded and left.

"Kim brat, don't stand there looking silly. Why would you stand by the door when returning to your own home. Come sit with grandfather!" The elder waved at Jennie.

Jennie approached with a smile, and after exchanging a look with Lisa, the two of them sat next to the elder together.

"Speaking of which, this is the second time I'm meeting Miss Kim," Father Jeon suddenly said with searching eyes as he scanned Jennie. "That day at the Shine cooperation evening ball, I didn't have the opportunity to speak with Miss Kim and only remembered seeing Lisa bringing you upstairs. Was Miss Kim feeling unwell?"