Chapter 63: Why Did You Return?

"If this old man can't save his own grandson and granddaughter-in-law today, I will make you die with me!" Elder Manoban charged up the stairs, shaking with anger.

Marco saw that he was not just putting on a front, and his expression instantly turned cold. "Jennie can be released, but even if you bring her to look for Lisa right now, the results cannot be undone. What is the point of doing something unnecessary?"

"Release, you dog ass! Lisa definitely won't touch that brat from the Jeon family!" Elder Manoban sternly claimed. "Are you releasing her or not? Are you trying to push our family into destruction—for me beat you, this unfilial son, to death, and to bring our Manoban family into a chaotic, broken home? Will you only stop when that happens?"

Marco was silent for a moment before he suddenly threw a glance toward the guard standing by the staircase.

The guard nodded and brought his key forward, unlocking the room Jennie was kept in.

The tinkling sound of the door being unlocked rang. In the next second, Jennie pushed the door open with force and stumbled out. The moment she raised her eyes, she saw Marco standing in the hallway with an unhappy expression. Her face turned pale as she moved to look at Elder Manoban.

"Kim brat! Did you get hurt anywhere? Quickly, tell grandfather!" Elder Manoban walked over shakily with the support of his walking stick. He scanned her with eyes filled with heartache.

Jennie's lips were reddened with blood from where she had bitten. She stared silently at the elder for a long moment, confirming the realness of his anger and heartache before she suppressed the turbulent emotions in her heart. She tried her best to ask calmly, "Grandfather, what you said earlier, is it all true?"

Knowing that she had heard him, Elder Manoban closed his eyes. He clearly did not wish for her to suffer too much as he softly comforted, "Don't worry. I believe in Lisa. He definitely will be able to get through it."

Marco's eyes were dark and cold. "Father, you've already seen the person. Can you rest assured now?"

Elder Manoban had turned back to scold him, but Marco had already called the guard over. "Send the Elder back to the Manoban mansion."

"You want me to return alone? No way, Jennie must come with me!"

Elder Manoban held onto his walking stick with one hand, while his other hand quickly stretched out to hold onto Jennie's wrist. He tugged her behind him; his old and slightly slanted body keeping Jennie safe.

Jennie looked at the elder in front of her but was unable to say a word. Her eyes were cold as she looked at the expressionless Marco.

Marco was mindless of Jennie's gaze as he slowly and coldly said, "I've already allowed you to catch a glimpse of her, to confirm that she did not come to any harm here. However, before tomorrow morning, she is not allowed to leave this place. She has to stay obediently within my sight and cannot be allowed to ruin this good thing between Lisa and Somi."

Jennie's breath was almost trembling. She abruptly opened her mouth. "You've used such a method to force him into a corner. Have you thought about what consequences you'll have to face tomorrow!" "

Lisa chuckled in disdain. "The consequences? The consequences are naturally that you will sign the divorce papers. Did you think that after tonight Lisa will still be yours?"

In both her lives, Jennie had never been angered to the point of trembling. If the person before her eyes were not Lisa's father, she would have charged toward him with a knife.

Sensing her agitated emotions, Elder Manoban pressed onto her hand. "Kim brat, return with grandfather first."

"She cannot leave!" Marco's gaze was slightly unhappy.