Chapter 169: What Itches More is My Heart

"Mr. Sehun, Manoban is right here. I think you heard what he said just now," Somi emphasized.

Sehun took the cigarette out of his mouth and narrowed his eyes coldly. "I have been friends with Lisa for many years, but I have nothing to do with Shine Group. Director Manoban should know my temper. Without my permission, no one can intrude into my place."

With that, Sehun coldly glanced at Marco with a faint smile.

Marco was obviously displeased at his words. "My own son is here in the hospital, and I, as his father, have to gain your permission to visit him?"

"I certainly won't stop you if you want to go in, Director Manoban," Sehun said slowly and coolly, "But not Miss Jeon. Mrs. Manoban is here, and you actually asked Miss Jeon to go in? Are you sure you're not kidding?"

Marco frowned coldly. Somi walked away from the door of the ward, turned, and walked back. Then she looked at Jennie and handed her the things in her hand. "Mrs. Manoban, please."

Jennie gave a faint smile and took them. "Thank you, Secretary Jeon.'

With that, Jennie paused and went on. "May I call you Secretary Jeon? You are now the secretary-manager of Shine Group, many levels higher than when you were at the Manoban Corporation. You must be very skilled in your work to be promoted so fast."

Somi nodded at her politely, and the smile on her face was neither cold nor warm. "You can call me Somi or Secretary Jeon."

Jennie exchanged a glance with her. Women's intuition was always accurate. She looked thoughtfully at Somi for a few seconds and then handed over the things in her hand to Jisoo.

"Father, are you going in to see Lisa now?" Jennie asked.

Although it was not Marco who denied entrance at the door, Sehun had given him no face by shutting Somi out.

Marco coldly glanced at the ward, pondered for a while, and said, "Since Lisa is still sleeping, I'm not going in. It'll be the Spring Festival in half a month. If he can be discharged at that time, tell him to go home to have a family reunion dinner."

Jennie nodded. "OK, I'll tell him."

Marco took a look at her again. With a dark look, he turned around and was about to leave when he suddenly paused and turned his eyes to Somi standing beside him. "Help Jennie if you have time. Jennie is not very familiar with Los Angeles and may need your help."

"OK," Somi said gently.

Marco sighed when Jennie was not paying attention and entered the elevator.

After they left, Jennie looked at the elevator's door, watching the number gradually changing from this floor to the first floor.

Marco was Lisa's father anyway. Even though Somi was not allowed in, he could certainly enter if he wanted, but he seemed to be angry, or he was too controlling over people, and anything out of his control might offend him.

He came in a hurry and left in a hurry. She couldn't see the slightest bit of fatherly love for Lisa from him.

If Lisa could be discharged from the hospital in half a month, was it really necessary for him to go back?

And just now for a moment, Jennie felt...

Somi was no longer as eager to approach Lisa as when she had just gone to Seoul and the Manoban Corporation. Instead, although she didn't explicitly say or do anything, she gave Jennie the feeling that she was just accepting Marco's arrangement without initiative or resistance.

"Mrs. Manoban, shall I take these in?" Jisoo had checked the fruit basket and nutrients that she had just taken. After making sure there was nothing wrong with this stuff, she asked.