Chapter 161: Tacit Understanding

It was very quiet at night. Lisa's ward area was guarded by the people of the XI base, so there wasn't much medical staff there. Jennie eluded the nurses in her ward and crept quietly into his.

The people of the XI base wouldn't stop her. They thought it strange that she appeared here at this time of night, but they just nodded politely and let her go.

As Jennie opened the door of the ward and entered, she saw that the head of Lisa's sickbed was raised again. He wore the same light blue hospital gown as she did, and his clean hair, because he often lay down, was a little fluffier and messier than usual, but it didn't affect his handsomeness. There was a silver 12-inch laptop in front of him, and she knew at a glance that he was reading documents from the Manoban Corporation.

"You had an operation the day before, and you have already started to work?" Jennie closed the door quietly, walked over, and slipped into his bed.

Lisa had already finished his injection, and there was only a whitish piece of transparent medical tape on the back of his hand, which obviously didn't affect his efficiency.

Lisa looked at her. He was about to take her into his arms when Jennie pressed his hand down quickly. "Don't hold me. Don't move your arms."

This little woman was now very nervous about his health. He made no comment but smiled. "It's late. Sleep with me tonight. Don't go back, OK?"

"I eluded the doctors and nurses to sneak over here, so even if you drive me away, I'm not going back." Jennie said, put the quilt carefully over them, and lay down beside him, looking at the files on his laptop.

He had been in Cambodia for some time, and although the company had a vice president and several trusted executives and assistants, there were a lot of final decisions that he had to make personally. From the number of unread emails, there was a real backlog.

"Do you need to type to reply to these documents?" Jennie asked.

He caressed her hair, and as she spoke, he saw a place where he needed to type to reply. When he withdrew his hand to touch the laptop, Jennie sat up and took the laptop from the quilt and laid her hands neatly on the keyboard, turning her eyes to look at him seriously. "How to reply? Let me help you with it."

Seeing her so eager to help him, Lisa didn't reject her kindness. He signaled her with his eyes to look at the other replied documents on the screen. "Type 'Agree' here and circle the important matters that need to be paid attention to by the relevant departments of the company and let them arrange it on their own."

Jennie listened, typing and circling fast.

Half an hour later, as he instructed, she had finished replying to these documents of more than a dozen pages, some of which needed to be approved, and some to be suspended or rejected.

When she was at her studio, sometimes she had to reply to the planning documents submitted by her subordinate, but she never felt like an emperor who was reviewing memorials and giving directions to his ministers; however, now when she was facing the various documents of a big company like the Manoban Corporation, she suddenly had this feeling...

The room was quiet, except that occasionally, a white light flashed on the computer screen when a new email was opened and refreshed.

The two of them sat harmoniously, one replying to the documents on the laptop and the other telling her how to respond to the planning and changes of the various departments. Although Jennie now had a deeper understanding of business decisions than before she went to Busan, she really cherished the tacit understanding between the two of them at this moment. Lisa was so busy in Seoul that he hardly took weekends off. Now, he could teach her how to deal with these problems while they were in the hospital.