Chapter 186: What Do You Want to Happen?

For some reason, Jennie suddenly had a feeling that everything had gone back to the way it was. She opened her eyes in a daze and looked at the man close at hand. It took her a long time to wake up. Then she saw the man gazing at her.

His eyes were placid and mild.

She didn't know how long he had been standing and gazing at her here.

"Have you finished your job?" She asked sleepily, resisting the impulse to lean into his arms because he was standing so close to her.

"Why didn't you go to bed?" His voice was colder than the night outside the window.

She shook her head and pulled up the thin blanket she covered herself with, still huddled on the sofa. Since she just woke up, she said nasally, "You've just been discharged from the hospital. I don't think you'll be comfortable sleeping in the study, so I'll give you the bed."

The man looked at her silently for a moment and said flatly, "As a man, I won't sleep on the bed and let a woman sleep on the sofa. Go, go back to bed."

The first sentence was somewhat distant and polite, but the last one sounded like an order. He sounded exactly like the Lisa who would tell her to eat and sleep well.

Jennie paused, grabbed a corner of the blanket, and said hoarsely, "Why... are you so polite to me?"

He looked quietly at her with his dark, calm eyes. "Then, how am I supposed to treat you? Do you want to share the bed with me? Or do you want something to happen between us tonight?"

"We're a husband and wife, aren't we?" Jennie looked into his eyes.

However, the man's cold eyes soon let her realize that she was being foolishly sentimental.

"You may not have found your place." The peculiar scent of the man was lingering in her nose, but after these words, he turned and walked away from her.

The door of the study was opened and closed. Jennie curled up on the sofa, looking at the door and then at the empty bed.

...

During this time, the two of them were like strangers to each other. As the Manoban family gradually put pressure on the Bae family, the Bae family blocked the news. Even Elder Bae could not control the invisible net that was being cast over his granddaughter.

When Elder Bae could no longer bear it, he came straight to the Manoban family. Lisa didn't reject his visit. He was smiling, but there was a cold gleam in his dark eyes, and no one knew what he was thinking of. In Elder Bae's eyes, Lisa had always been a man difficult to understand and deal with. It seemed to Elder Bae at this moment that Lisa, who had just woken up from a two-month-long sleep, was more determined and ruthless than ever.

"Irene died in that car. Can't we just leave this case like this? Why do you have to become our Bae family's enemy?" Elder Bae looked at Marco, who had found out about the truth and was cold to him and then at Lisa. He gritted his teeth and tried to win a chance for Suzy.

However, Lisa just coldly turned up the corners of his lips.

Everything went as he planned.

The Bae family had been turned upside down after Lisa woke up. Elder Bae tried to talk to Lisa again but couldn't see him. The Bae family people were no longer allowed to enter the Manoban family home and the Shine Group.

Three days before they went back to Seoul, the evidence that Suzy was behind the accident was corroborated. The medicine Irene had taken, all the diagnosis about her issue, and all the other evidence related to her plan were brought to the surface one by one.