Chapter 140: You're Pregnant

When they arrived at the hospital, Seunghoon asked Jisoo to accompany Jennie to have a blood test.

It was 9:00 p.m., and most doctors had got off work. They were surprised to see Seunghoon coming to the hospital at such a time because as far as they knew, Doctor Lee seldom went to the hospital after work.

As Jennie was brought here by Seunghoon, the on-duty doctors quickly gave Jennie a medical examination.

When Jennie walked to Seunghoon's office with the results of her examinations, she heard Seunghoon talking on the phone.

"Still no news? He has been missing for a whole day. From what I know of him, he has never been like this. There must be some accident not expected by us. We'd better find him within 24 hours. Otherwise, his life might be in danger..."

After hearing his words, Jennie paused outside the door.

At this time, Seunghoon's voice softened a bit. "I'll take care of Jennie. She has come back to Seoul. She looks calm. Jisoo will stay with her."

Then he continued to say something to the person on the other side of the line. Jennie knocked on the door, and Seunghoon immediately hung up.

"The results of your medical examination have come out?" Seunghoon turned his eyes to Jennie who came into his office.

Jennie grunted in response and came up to hand him the test reports, asking, "What does the hCG value mean?"

Seunghoon hadn't read the page with the hCG value. After hearing her question, he raised his eyebrows and picked that page out. He glanced at it and then looked up at Jennie.

"When was your last period?"

"..."

Jennie suddenly realized that she shouldn't take Seunghoon merely as Lisa's good buddy here. He was a doctor, and it was normal for him to ask her such a question.

"About a month ago." As soon as she said this, she froze.

Her period should have come two days ago, but it hadn't come. However, her period was very regular.

"Your hCG value is positive, which means that you're pregnant, Mrs. Manoban." Seunghoon looked at her with a smile.

Jennie looked at him in surprise. "What?"

"Why are you so surprised? Your hCG value is standard, not high or low, which means you don't have an ectopic pregnancy. Let's go to see a gynecologist later. If you don't have anything wrong, then you threw up this morning because of your pregnancy." Seunghoon read the other test reports about her, and then made an appointment with a gynecologist with his computer. He glanced at Jennie only to find her still frozen there as if she didn't understand what had happened.

"Why are you just standing there?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Am I really..." Jennie looked at him incredulously. "...pregnant?"

Seunghoon cast a helpless glance at her. "Do you think the testing machines in the hospital are toys? You are pregnant. According to the time of your last period, you became pregnant three or four weeks ago. Your pregnancy time is so short that it can only be confirmed through a blood test, but you are pregnant indeed."

"I just had a physical examination done than three weeks ago. And the doctor prescribed me a lot of traditional Chines medicines to treat my uterine coldness problem."

"Obviously, you could not find if you were pregnant three weeks ago. The pregnancy time should be counted according to the time of your last period. The traditional Chinese medicines worked on you. Besides, during this period, you and Lisa had had sex more than once, right?"