Chapter 177: Lisa, Come Out! Get Out of the Car

Jennie shivered with pain, and her heart seemed to suddenly become empty. She looked at the car, trying to scramble toward it, but couldn't move her body. A sharp, throbbing pain in her abdomen jarred on her nerves.

"Lisa..."

There was suddenly a loud bang from a distance. The car Irene was in exploded. The sky was covered with fire and thick black smoke.

For a moment, the highway fell into a suffocating silence, and the smell of death crept into her skin.

Little by little, her strained and disordered nerves cooled, but then she felt chilled to the bone.

The sky had never seemed so dark to her.

The black Bentley stopped there, and a small flash of fire jumped up from the gasoline that had spread beneath the car. She stared at the flame, gritting her teeth in an effort to stand up and put it out, but she could only move forward by a few centimeters.

"Mrs. Manoban!" Jisoo's voice suddenly rang. Several drivers who had got out of their cars had gathered behind the giant truck. Jisoo quickly pushed through the crowd and ran over. She, with red eyes, saw Jennie lying on the ground and hurriedly ran to her.

Jisoo crouched down to help Jennie up, but Jennie's eyes were fixed on the black Bentley, and she asked hoarsely, "Who is... in the car...?"

"Let me help you up first." Jisoo had hardly ever cried, but now, seeing Jennie's blank eyes and the blood oozing from beneath her, she couldn't help tearing up. She came up and tried to help Jennie to her feet, but Jennie couldn't even stand. She just kept her eyes on that car.

"Tell me... who is in the car...?"

Jisoo gritted her teeth and said nothing.

Jennie slowly turned around and looked at Jisoo. "Is it Lisa?"

Jisoo held her arm to keep her from falling, but her hand on Jennie's arm trembled slightly. She tried to pacify Jennie, but she knew she couldn't, so she just lowered her eyes and said in a low voice, "Us and Mr. Manoban tracked your location and tried to catch up with you as fast as we could. It was half an hour's distance between our cars, but when we finally caught up with you, we saw you almost being pushed out of the car window, and Mr. Manoban's car suddenly reached full speed..."

Jennie suddenly fell into a trance.

So, the one in the car was... Lisa...

The moment she realized this fact, she suddenly pushed Jisoo away, turned, and stumbled toward the car.

Not expecting that she still had the strength to move, Jisoo was pushed back. When she reached out to help Jennie, the latter had run to the black Bentley. She hurried forward to stop Jennie w from going closer to the car and tightly held Jennie's arm. "Mrs. Manoban, don't..."

Jennie fixed her eyes on the Bentley as if she could hear nothing.

Sehun, who rushed into the crowd almost at the same time with Jisoo, didn't say anything but ordered K and his men to catch the truck driver. They, with a solemn look, were about to rescue Lisa.

The onlooking drivers watching were all pointing at this direction and discussing...

"Did the car in front explode? How did it suddenly explode? That's horrible!"

"The car was hit so badly. The Bentley's body is very strong but was struck very hard. It can be seen how great the impact force is... is a highway murder..."

"This car is leaking oil. Look, the leaked oil is on fire!"

"Will this car explode too..."

Their whispers couldn't get into Jennie's ears. Trying to hold back her tears, she stared at the broken car window with red eyes and tried to swing Jisoo away, but the latter still held her arm tightly and, in the end, put her arms around her body. "Mrs. Manoban, calm down!"