Chapter 78: Jennie, You Better Wait and See!

Jisoo smoothly pushed Mina behind a brick wall by the side. Not waiting to hear Mina's shriek, Jennie expressionlessly turned to leave.

Mina was heavily pressed onto the brick wall, her back slammed painfully against it. Her expression was pale and frightened as she stared at the short-haired woman before her. "I warn you; you're not allowed to touch me! If you dare to do anything to me here, I'll sue you! I'll sue you until your ancestors aren't able to rest in peace!"

Jisoo coldly narrowed her eyes at her. "I haven't even done anything. What are you shouting for?"

Mina's complexion alternated between turning red and pale; her hands were holding her own clothes in a death grip. She was terrified that she would be beaten up and was so nervous her fingers had begun to turn white.

"Don't be afraid. Mrs. Manoban doesn't plan on taking your life." Jisoo smiled coldly. "But the Kim family's Second Miss's thirst for knowledge is too great. We can't let you return without any rewards. Since you've already come, don't be in such a hurry to leave."

"You, what do you mean..." The iciness in her eyes caused Mina's lips to tremble.

Jisoo brought out Mina's phone from her pocket. The moment she saw it, Mina reached out to snatch it. "Return that to me!"

Before her hands could even touch it, she watched as her phone slipped from Jisoo's grip. She was unable to catch it in time, and it fell heavily onto the ground.

Mina felt that things were taking a turn for the worse and quickly bent to pick it up. However, her phone was abruptly pressed under Jisoo's feet. An ominous cracking sound rang out.

Mina's body trembled. She slowly raised her head, resisting the urge to cry. Her shivering body straightened and attempted to take a step back but only succeeded in knocking against the brick wall behind her.

"Do you know where this is?" Jisoo's tone was cold.

Mina subconsciously glanced around, answering guiltily, "It's an area vacated a long time ago."

Jisoo's figure was tall. She glanced at her as though looking down on her. "After being vacated for so long, it's never been redeveloped or rebuilt. Has the Kim family's Second Miss never heard of the reason behind this?"

Mina's expression gradually shifted from fear to panic. She abruptly shifted her eyes to meet Jisoo's gaze.

If she recalled correctly, this area had been developed into a brand-new residential area several years ago. Many people had moved into this area, but after a short period of time, rumors of ghost sightings and frequent strange occurrences drove several occupants to move out. This piece of land had actually been an unmarked burial site used by unscrupulous developers. It was only the passage of time that caused people to forget and purchase the homes here.

However, the fear of the new rumors of ghost sightings kept people from further approaching. Afterward, all of the new occupants moved out, and because the rumors of strange phenomena worsened, this place was subsequently demolished. Even till this day, no property developer has dared to occupy this land.

Right now, the land they were standing on was that hundred-year-old, unmarked burial site, and these demolished brick walls were...

"According to the weather forecast, it'll be raining tonight. Did the Kim family's Second Miss bring an umbrella? Otherwise, it'll be bad if you catch a cold while staying here alone." Jisoo snatched over Mina's purse as she spoke, opening the zip to pour its contents onto the ground. As the things fell noisily on the floor, she lowered her eyes to look at the array of cosmetics and bank cards. With a sneer, she kicked them away, smiling imperceptibly. "You really didn't bring an umbrella. It seems like you'll be soaked tonight."