Chapter 92: Hello Miss Kim...

Hearing this, Jennie originally did not intend on answering. She estimated that Lisa was almost done with his shower and could do so himself when he came out.

However, the phone kept vibrating. After stopping for a moment, it quickly began vibrating again.

At this time, could there be an urgent issue in the company?

Jennie glanced at the displayed number.

She discovered that it was an international call. The country code belonged to America, Los Angeles.

The sound of water rushing continued in the bathroom. Jennie focused on the string of numbers for a long moment. When the phone kept vibrating, she composed herself and picked up the call. "Hello, it's not convenient for Lisa to answer the phone right now. If there's anything important, please call back later."

She did not hang up after speaking, waiting for the response on the other end.

However, the other party did not speak up.

"Hello, can you hear me?" Jennie asked calmly.

It remained silent on the other end. The caller did not speak.

Perhaps all women had a keen sixth sense. Jennie's gaze shifted onto the bathroom. Behind the door, water and fog filled the bathroom.

"If you're not going to speak, I'll hang up. Lisa is currently showering. When he comes out, I'll have him return your call" Jennie's tone was mild. Her words sounded casual, but in the peaceful night, they provoked a strange, silent reaction.

The call was abruptly and impolitely hung up. Following which, a sharp, beeping signal filled her ears.

From start to finish, the caller did not speak. However, Jennie could sense that the other party's mood was not very good.

Jennie sat on the couch, falling deep in thought while holding his phone.

The pitter-patter sounds in the bathroom were accompanied by the dim light of the night. She did not sleep well in the Kim home previously and quickly began to feel drowsy.

Just as she almost fell asleep leaning dazedly on the couch, a slightly wet, cold arm wrapped around her waist. She shivered and dropped the phone in surprise.

"You're done showering?" Jennie naturally leaned on his shoulder, speaking tiredly, "There was a call for you earlier. I picked it up, but the caller didn't say anything."

"Hm." Lisa's hand landed on her waist, and in the next moment, he picked her up and placed her on the bed.

Jennie had yet to shower and did not plan on sleeping so early. However, she was really too tired. She frowned and finally could not resist asking, "Aren't you going to return the call?"

Just as she was about to sit up, Lisa pressed her back down. He wrapped her in the blankets and brought her into his embrace, pressing a kiss on her forehead. He softly said, "There's no need."

Since the moment he stepped out, he did not look at his phone.

Deep into the night, Jennie turned over in her sleep and found herself still in Lisa's embrace.

She opened her eyes and glanced toward his phone.

It seemed like his phone had been silent the whole time.

She was too drowsy. Recently, Jennie often found herself feeling tired. She did not have much appetite for dinner when she was at the Kim home either. Her entire body felt drained of energy.