Chapter 150: She Had Never Seen Lisa Like This

The ground was covered with blood, and no one could tell whose it was. No blood could be seen on Lisa's black shirt, but she knew he had been injured.

And he was severely injured.

The butt of the rifle was hard and sharp, so his back and head must have scarred.

The two men were lying on the narrow damp ground behind the cabin, and there was only silence.

The collar of Jennie's dress was elastic, so it was not torn. Lisa tugged the clothes on her shoulder upward. Without saying a word, he took her in his arms and hugged her hard.

He hugged her so, so hard.

Almost as soon as the two men fell, a tumult broke out in front of them. The helicopter finally closed in on the camp. As Lisa said, the helicopters had dropped a lot of stuff.

Lisa let go of Jennie, then took her wrist and led her toward a place where they wouldn't be hit by a smoke bomb.

Lisa held her hand firmly, without speaking or looking back at her again, and dragged her back into the forests. He held Jennie's hands that almost festered so hard that it hurt like hell.

But Jennie held her tongue, knowing that the pain was not as great as the one he had just witnessed as he saw her pinned down and almost being raped by that man.

Jennie didn't ask him to be gentle.

She knew that this man who had always been sane had lost his mind.

She followed him quietly, looking at him and smelling him. As long as he was there, nothing was difficult for her.

She was behind him, not knowing what to say because he was obviously angry. She winced a little, not knowing how to coax him, and didn't even dare to tell him 'she was all right.'

She had really never seen him like this.

He could have fought back and escaped, but he didn't fight. Instead, he threw his gun and would rather be hit and risk being shot at any moment. Why did he do so?

Of course, he did it to save her.

But she had nowhere to hide. She would have run out rather than lie in the haystack and watch him have a gun to his head.

To die with him?

She didn't think about that at that time.

All she knew was that he was Lisa, her husband, her man, the father of her unborn baby; a light that had guided her throughout her two lives.

She couldn't watch him die.

They walked all the way to the forest without saying a word.

Smoke bombs began to fall, and those who had been completely besieged fled in all directions. Jennie put the damp cloth over her nose and turned her eyes toward Lisa.

She had covered her mouth and nose, but what about him?

"We're here, so they won't release poisonous smoke or gas. This mini smoke bomb will only cause panic in these people and won't hurt us as long as we try not to breathe hard. But now that you're pregnant, you'd better try not to smell the gas." He didn't look at her while he explained to her.

It was probably because he had seen her covering her nose and mouth at such a time that his rage was relieved a bit, but only a bit.

Coming to his sense, he felt the uneven scalded skin in his palm and slowly released her hand but couldn't bear to see her eyes that turned red in pain.