Chapter 41. ~Peace for a While.~

Y/N POV

~~~~~~~~

"Dust, you can let go of me for five minutes, can't you?" I asked with a quiet giggle. Since I had come back from the dead a day ago, Dust hadn't left my side.

"No." He mumbled, wrapping his arms around me tighter.

"I'm trying to cook with Horror." I tried to push him away gently. "I'm not gonna die if you watch me from the corner of the kitchen."

He just held me tighter.

Horror chuckled. "C'mon, Dusty. Let her go for five minutes."

"Don't call me Dusty." He muttered.

"Dust." I turned and he looked up at me. "Please?"

He shook his head.

I sighed. "You're acting like a dog, Dust."

He put his head on my shoulder and kissed my neck gently. "I'm not gonna let go."

"Pleeeeease?"

"No."

I picked him up bridal-style and carried him into the living room. He let out a yelp as I dumped him on the couch. I bolted back to the kitchen.

He teleported on top of me. "Hngggg, stop trying to get rid of me." He growled in my ear with a quick kiss.

"Dust, I wanna cook." I frowned. "I'm not gonna die because I want to cook with Horror."

"I can't protect you if I'm not near you." He whined.

I turned, grabbed him, and set him by the fridge. "There. Now you can see me perfectly and let me cook, ok?"

He let out a whine as Killer and Cross appeared.

"Hey." I said, heading back over to Horror.

"Why does Dust look so depressed and tense?" Killer asked.

"He's being an overprotective dog." I snorted.

"I'm not a dog." Dust mumbled.

"You're acting like one." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Stick your tongue out at me again and I'll suck on it." He grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes as Killer burst out laughing. I looked at Horror. "What do you need me to do?"

~~~~~~~~

"Duuuuuuuust." I groaned as Dust was practically sitting on top of me at the table.

"Dust, give her space." Nightmare said, voice laced with amusement.

"No." Dust placed his head on my shoulder.

Horror walked into the dining room, holding a lot of wine or alcohol. He set them on the table. "Anyone want some?"

"Horror, why the fuck do you have eight bottes of alcohol?" Error growled.

"Mine." Dust grabbed a bottle and opened he. He looked at me.

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

He shrugged. "More for me."

"I have eight bottles of alcohol because we're celebrating Y/N coming back to life." Horror grinned.

I snorted. "That's nothing worth celebrating."

"Yes, it is." Dust bonked me on the head lightly.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

Dust let out a giggle and I looked at him. He was already halfway through his first bottle.

"Don't you dare get drunk." I said to him.