Bakugou Katsuki x Male!Reader [Angst]

Boku no Hero Academia

Tumblr request; Hi!! Can I request a Bakugo x male reader where he refuses to tell the reader that he loves them despite them dating for a super long time and the reader always telling Bakugou how much their relationship means to him, so they break up and Bakugou is super depressed and you can choose if they get back together or not.

This was requested just over a year ago and I'm deeply sorry!! But, better late than never -and it turned out a little different-.

It seemed like the years didn't matter to Bakugou at all. And that was rather painful to (M/n).

Even though he and Bakugou had been dating for a little over two years, the blond has never said, not even once, 'I love you' to him. (M/n) was deep, crazy in love with Bakugou, and it was only natural that after saying it a handful of times he would expect his boyfriend to say it back, at least once.

But nope, he never did. And that was heartbreaking, to say the least.

Already about to graduate from U.A., (M/n) couldn't help but wonder what was gonna happen now. He questioned whether Bakugou was actually in love with him, he always thought that the blond was just shy and insecure about his feelings and their relationship, however, it seemed like (M/n) was just making up excuses to ignore the pain in his chest whenever he felt like he wasn't needed nor loved.

And slowly, he stopped caring.

(M/n) no longer sent Bakugou a good morning message, he no longer greeted him with a kiss on his cheeks or forehead, and he no longer trailed after the blond, trying to get his attention.

Bakugou felt like something was missing, but he decided to ignore it and let it go. What a huge mistake.

It was late at night in the dorms, and with the finals coming up they didn't have much time to rest and relax, that's why (M/n) found it so weird when saw two of his classmates, sitting in the common room as he walked out of his room, planning on sitting outside the front door to get some air since he didn't seem able to fall asleep.

Kirishima and Mina were there, and they seemed to be quietly whispering about something. (M/n) was thinking about just walking past them or going back to his room and just sitting on his balcony, but their whispering reached his ear, whether it was because of how quiet the night was, or because of his quirk.

"When are you gonna confess to Bakugou?" Mina spoke in what seemed to be an annoyed tone, and the red-haired male just nervously chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"I was gonna wait until graduation day," realizing that there was someone interested romantically in his boyfriend was quite a blow, and instead of feeling jealous about that or possessive, (M/n) felt rather sad.

Thousands of jumbled thoughts plagued his mind, but every single one of them finished with the same words. 'He can treat him better.'

Of course he could, Kirishima and Bakugou seemed to be joined at the hip ever since they met, (M/n) just got in between them, and now, they would finally be together, after two years.

(M/n) couldn't think of anything else, negative thoughts- wrong thoughts, that had no right to be there, being so intrusive and hurtful. He turned around and went back to his room, quietly walking up the stairs and slowly closing his door behind him. He sighed and walked towards his balcony, pushing the curtains open and stepping out into the chill breeze of the night.