Hanahaki Disease Fic

Male!Character Insert x Male!Reader [Angst]

2nd Person Narration.

The first time you met him was at a university party, a friend of yours introduced the two of you.

This friend had begged you to come with them because their ex was gonna be there with a new hook up and your friend wanted to make their ex jealous.

You were never fond of these "parties" seniors organized for the freshman and sophomores, you typically stood in a corner and didn't interact with anyone at all.

And you should've kept it that way, nothing would've happened if you hadn't come in the first place.

//////

After meeting him at the party, you started seeing him around campus more and more often, and sometimes it seemed like a really strange coincidence. And these spontaneous meetings led to getting to know each other which led to you developing feelings for him.

At first, you were happy and giddy, you thought that maybe you would have a chance with him, especially when he behaved so flirty and cute around you.

But one day, you realized rather painfully, that he was just that way, that's who he is.

Even now, feeling your consciousness slipping away, you remembered the time you coughed the very first white petal.

You were just heading to your next lecture, feeling a little nervous because you were planning on telling him your feelings, and you saw him the moment you turned the corner.

A big smile grew on your face, he was with another guy but you thought that maybe you could tell him now, you had nothing to lose, you just had a lecture you could easily skip. You took a step forward and opened your mouth to call his name, when you saw him wrapping his arms around the guy's neck, leaning forward to kiss him.

The stupor didn't last long because a sudden sensation filled your stomach and up to your chest, something was causing you pain, and that something wanted to come out.

Covering your mouth after the first cough escaped you ran to the nearest bathroom, feeling a metallic taste in your mouth and a strange feeling on your tongue, something soft and velvety.

Running into a stall, you kneeled in front of the toilet bowl, and slowly opened your mouth, nothing came out, except for a few drops of blood, but the object was still laying on your tongue, stationery. With a shaky hand, you reached for it and slowly took it out.

At the time you didn't know, but you were holding the white petal of a lily of the valley in between your fingers, drops of blood dripping from your lips onto it.

"Hanahaki...?" You mumbled to yourself, almost in disbelief.

You've heard of this story, but never witnessed it firsthand or met anyone who had it, so you were skeptical about this disease really existing, but now? You were your own proof that it was real now.

You stayed there in shock for a few minutes before snapping out of your thoughts. You looked at the petal in your hand and gently closed your hand around it, walking out of the stall and grabbing a paper towel from the dispenser, tearing it half to be able to keep the petal safe. Why you kept that petal for so long? You weren't sure, but it was a reminder that your first love wasn't reciprocated.

You washed your mouth and splashed your face to freshen up a little and you walked out of the bathroom.

Just then, you realized something else had happened to you.