Goshiki Tsutomu x Male!Reader [Fluff]

Haikyuu!!

Requested by flowerbunnysan on Wattpad

College AU.

Something was off lately. And it was making (M/n) feel a little uneasy.

His beloved, cute, adorable, and charming boyfriend, Goshiki, had been ignoring him for the past few days, giving excuses whenever he asked him out on a date or to just hang out with friends.

(M/n) didn't want to doubt, but his uncertainty was making itself more and more obvious the longer it passed. Goshiki had never behaved like that before, and he was worried that he may be cheating-.

"(M/n)!" Subtly flinching at the sudden call of his name, his (e/c) eyes looked up, seeing some of his friends walking into his classroom during lunch break. "Hey, dude, how are you?"

Not knowing how to respond, (M/n) just grimaced and shrugged, "Regular."

The group of five looked at each other for a few seconds, before the guys who spoke first sat next to him.

"Y'know, there's a café that opened recently around here, and we were planning to go together today, what do you say? You coming?" Even if he wasn't a very social guy, (M/n) observed everyone around him for a few seconds, all of them were not only eager to go to that new café, but they wanted to go with him too, so releasing out a small sigh, he nodded.

"Okay..."

//////

In a short walk, almost ten minutes later, the six of them had already arrived at the café.

However, (M/n) realized it wasn't just a normal café. It was a maid café. And yes, that meant waitresses greeting you with a soft, gentle voice and sweet smile saying 'Welcome, Master/Mistress.'

Somehow that made (M/n) feel a little anxious while everyone else was delighted, with wide smiles on their faces accompanied by a subtle blush on their cheeks. (M/n) couldn't help but chuckle to himself as they patiently waited for someone to come by, give them menus, and take their orders.

With his head cast down as he checked his phone, (M/n) was able to catch a pair of black shoes out of the corner of his vision since he was sitting on the opposite side of the window, and guessing it was just a waitress, he didn't look up.

Until they spoke.

Something about the waitress' voice sounded kinda familiar, and not only that, it was a bit too deep to belong to a woman, so with a frown growing on his face, he looked up.

(M/n) wondered to himself if he was dreaming or going crazy.

That was Goshiki! His boyfriend.

...Was he? Yeah, he was! He was wearing a long wig the same indigo color as his hair, and he had make-up on too, the maid dress he was wearing was more traditional and hid more skin than the maid other waitresses were wearing. Long sleeves, a slightly longer skirt, and a white lace ribbon around his neck, probably to hide his adam's apple.

"Tsuto-" the crossdressing male flinched at the sound of his boyfriend's voice, glancing away to avoid eye contact.

"Call me when you've decided your orders, Masters~," he said in a soft and higher-pitched voice, before turning around about to leave, but (M/n) stood up and held his wrist gently, taking them far enough away to avoid people eavesdropping on them.

In complete silence, Goshiki looked everywhere but at his boyfriend, who just kept staring at him, wondering if this was the reason why he kept ditching him every time he asked him out.

"Is not that I don't like it, but... Why a maid café?" Goshiki blushed a darker red, fidgeting in his place before slowly and hesitantly looking up at (M/n), who just kept admiring how beautiful he looked, which yeah, made Goshiki feel a little flustered about it.

"...Your birthday is coming up," blinking a few times to try and understand what he said, (M/n) realized that indeed, his birthday was coming soon, but he was a little confused. It's not like he asked for something, he actually hated receiving gifts since to him his birthday was just like another day, nothing special. "The pay here is good and, even if I have to wear this, I..." Gripping the skirt in his fists, Goshiki tried to maintain eye contact with (M/n), even if his body was trembling with anxiety. "I wanted to give you something on your birthday."

His quiet, shy tone of voice made (M/n)'s heart beat faster, sighing and covering his face with his hand, hiding his flustered expression.

"How can you be so cute?" Goshiki felt shivers down his spine when (M/n) looked at him after a few seconds, the shine in his (e/c) eyes stared at him with so much love and adoration... it made him feel overwhelmed. "I don't anything for my birthday, kitty," gently cupping Goshiki's face in his hand, (M/n) leaned closer and placed a soft, small kiss on his glossed lips, feeling the subtle strawberry flavor of it. "You're all I need, okay?"

Feeling his eyes getting teary, Goshiki nodded a few times, blinking the tears away.

"And... I might already know what I want for my birthday." Looking at Goshiki up and down while nibbling on his bottom lip was more than enough to hint at what he wanted, causing Goshiki to blush and walk away from him with a pout on his lip.

"I need to get back to work!" He exclaimed, hearing (M/n)'s chuckle behind him as he headed back with his friends, who looked at him with puzzled looks on their faces.

"What was that about?" (M/n) just brushed off as he sat down.

"It was all a misunderstanding," nodding slowly with confused expressions, everyone got ready to order, this time, a different waitress took their order while Goshiki kept walking around cleaning empty tables with a dark red blush on his face.