Gally x Male!Reader [Angst&Fluff]

The Maze Runner

[Author's note: this is like... heavily based on The Rejected, but of course, this can be read separately from that, it doesn't affect this one shot at all.]

Requested by BåůmŠquåd W187 on Quotev

"We can make it out of here. I know that."

There was silence for a few seconds in the Glade as they let those words sink in.

And just like that, like the breeze blowing by, guys who were on their side started making their way to Thomas, mumbling quiet apologies to them.

Gally and (M/n) made brief eye contact, unsure of what to do next.

"It's over," their sight shifted back ahead of them, "Just come with us..." Despite Thomas' words being directed to all of them, his eyes were locked onto (M/n)'s, it was clear who he wanted to have by his side.

He stared at Thomas, at Teresa, and all the guys he called friends standing in front of him, ready to go into the Maze and maybe, find their way out. (M/n) looked at each one of them, at Minho, at Newt, at Fry, at Winston, and he soon remembered all of those who weren't here with them to witness what was happening.

Some of his best friends were waiting for him to come with them, but he couldn't do it.

He couldn't leave Gally just like that, not after everything they'd been through together.

(M/n) sighed and turned his head to look at Gally, whose eyes were locked on him, not even acknowledging all the other guys staring at them. Green eyes looked into (e/c) ones, pleading (M/n) to stay, terribly scared that he might leave him too.

It broke his heart to see Gally so vulnerable, his hand gripping onto the back of his dirty and worn shirt, trembling as the seconds went by, beginning to feel desperate at the thought of (M/n) actually deciding to go with Thomas into the Maze.

And the weak smile Gally received from him almost made him double over, wanting to wail and cry for him to stay.

(M/n) took a deep breath as he turned to look at the others, silently waiting for his response, hoping they would come along as well, but that's not what they got.

"Good luck against the Grievers," everyone saw how determined to stay (M/n) was, and some of them felt the need to stay, as if they'd changed their mind, no longer sure of their choice.

However, before they could make their way back to Gally, Thomas called to them and ran into the Maze, soon followed by those whose resolution didn't waver and the hesitant steps of those who did.

They watched how they left and got out of their sight when they rounded the corner.

It took a bit, but everyone left in the Glade began making their way to what was left of their home, and (M/n) wondered how things were gonna go now.

Will they survive? If so, for how long?

He couldn't take even a single step forward when Gally's arms wrapped around him, tightly. He was shaking and sniffing on his neck as he cried. Silently, he rubbed Gally's back slowly, whispering in his ear that everything was gonna be alright.

"It'll be fine. Things will get better."

If only he could believe his words.

//////