Chapter 12

"This weapon was once wielded by the heroes who vanquished the Demon King in ages past," proclaimed King Alex, as he presented the majestic sword.

Without hesitation, the sword was extended towards Ray, who held the highest status among all of us.

Zack's envy was palpable as he watched Ray being prioritized.

As King Alex revealed the next powerful weapon in a hurry, Zack hurriedly made his way towards the showcased sword.

Zack seized the sword and raised it triumphantly, but his self-centered act earned the disapproval of everyone present.

The Hero Group proceeded to select their weapons, each member drawn to the radiant and powerful arms.

Sora, due to her elevated status, chose a magical staff believed to be among the most potent.

Other members of the group displayed discontentment, feeling overshadowed by Sora's selection.

Once the Hero Group had made their choices, it was now the Guardian Group's turn.

Fat, being a tank, opted for a simple yet sturdy sword and shield—a practical choice to avoid unnecessary attention.

Not one to be outdone, I sought a suitable bow and arrow to match Fat's selection.

While searching, I noticed an old, worn-out bow tucked away in a corner.

As time was running out and everyone seemed to have finished selecting their weapons, I hastily grabbed the bow without thoroughly examining it, rushing back to join Fat, who was eagerly waiting to leave.

With the Guardian Group's weapon selection concluded, it was now the Support Group's turn. Disappointment was palpable among their ranks, feeling as if they were no longer needed.

Recognizing their dejected expressions, King Alex delivered uplifting news. He announced that they would be provided homes in the city and their needs would be taken care of by the kingdom.

I was taken aback by King Alex's kindness and willingness to assist them. It was only fair for him to take responsibility since he had brought us all here.

With the selection process complete, we were led on a tour of the grand palace. The sheer size of the palace and its resemblance to the comic books I had read overwhelmed me. It felt like stepping into a dream—a dream come true for comic book enthusiasts longing to venture into a fantastical world and become heroes. Yet, not everyone would become a hero, and it was even more disheartening when our desires for a fantastical world overshadowed our ordinary existence, rendering us seemingly insignificant.

However, I was not surprised by this revelation, as I preferred to remain unnoticed. The realistic architecture of the palace fascinated me, and the guards adorned shields, adding an extra layer of authenticity.

At a certain point, we encountered guards engaged in swordplay, archery, and various other training exercises. When they noticed King Alex's presence, they immediately halted their practice and paid him their respects. One guard, seemingly their leader, approached King Alex and inquired about our presence.

"They are humans from another realm who have come to save us from the Demon King," replied the king, introducing us to the bewildered guards.

The guards erupted in jubilation, joyously welcoming our arrival. We felt elated to be received with such warmth. King Alex proceeded to explain the situation and instructed them to assist us in navigating this realm.

Approaching us, the guard introduced himself as Sato, the chief of the palace guards.

Ray stepped forward, representing our group, and engaged in conversation with Sato.

Soon after, Nana, a woman, joined the gathering, following Sato's introduction.

We were then educated about this world, learning about its diverse inhabitants, such as humans, elves, demons, cat-humans, lizards, and more. The currency used in this realm was called Zen. Here, we could assume various roles, including hunters,

merchants, and blacksmiths.

We were then assigned to our respective classes. I was instructed in archery, although it seemed they were reluctant to teach me properly. Nonetheless, I preferred their absence, allowing me to bond with the bow I had chosen.

"Um, if you have other matters to attend to, you can leave me here alone," I requested, urging the guard to depart and focus on Ray and the other heroes.

Without feeling the slightest trace of guilt, the guard left me behind. "Ah, well, let them be," I thought to myself, before attempting to use the chosen bow. Placing an arrow on the bowstring, I aimed at a target and released the arrow, only to miss the mark. Unexpectedly, a notification popped up, displaying the words, "You have gained a new title: 'Noob Archer.'" The sight stung my heart, causing me to release more arrows, indifferent to the actions of others.

Meanwhile, Ray showcased his extraordinary skills and engaged in a spirited duel with Sato, who sought to test Ray's prowess. The female spectators were captivated by Ray's display of skill.

Their duel was intense, and Sato was taken aback by Ray's abilities, as they rivaled his own. It was hard to deny that Ray, having been the captain of the Kendo club at school and a winner of numerous international tournaments, possessed exceptional swordsmanship. How unfair this world seemed, with individuals excelling in all aspects.

Sora learned to cast her first powerful magical spells, astonishing the mages present with her ability to conjure fierce flames.

The first day in this realm came to an end, marked by our introductory lessons on survival in this world.