Chapter 47 - Deadly Heal

Monica went into the palace area, planting the staff with the Dragon Heart at its base into the ground.

"Hohh!"

Monica followed every step instructed by Izar. She recited a special incantation to activate the Dragon Heart.

'CINNGG!'

As soon as the incantation was complete, a large magical circle appeared, encircling the staff. Now it was time for Monica to channel her mana into the staff. As soon as Monica's hand touched the staff, a bright light emanated. Monica could feel her mana being drawn uncontrollably, far more than she could handle.

"Ah! How much mana does this staff need?"

In the blink of an eye, almost half of Monica's mana was absorbed. However, the spell was only 30% complete, with 70% still needed to fully activate it.

It seemed that the spell required more mana than Monica possessed. If continued, Monica might die from mana depletion.

"I need to stop now before I run out of mana!"

As Monica was about to release her hand from the staff, she suddenly remembered Razor's sacrifice.

*Heh (smiling), if outsiders are willing to fight to the death to save this world, why am I, a native of this world, so easily defeated?*

*The outsider referred to is Razor, who came from another world.*

"Garggghh... Even if my life is at stake, I won't back down!"

Monica continued to let her mana be absorbed, ensuring the success of this plan after so many sacrifices.

Monica's eyes, nose, and mouth began to bleed as her mana neared depletion. Every second, one by one, her senses began to fade. Little by little, it impaired her ability to think, and the last thing she thought of was...

*Sora!*

*Thank you for everything!*

'THROOOUGHH!'

'CING'

Monica opened her eyes.

"Am I dead?"

What she saw was only darkness. There was no other life besides herself.

"(smiling) Monica, you fought until death; isn't that good enough?" Monica tried to reassure herself.

"Huh... Wait, that spell! Did I succeed?"

Monica began to question the spell.

"If the spell didn't work! It means the Demon King will win! If the Demon King wins, all countries will be destroyed, and everyone will die!"

"Ughh... Sob... Sniff"

"So, my sacrifice was in vain!"

ARGHHHH!!! Monica began to blame herself.

"I'm sorry, Blaise!"

"Monica!" a faint voice called.

"I'm sorry, Shino!"

"Monica!" a faint voice called.

"I'm sorry, Carlos!"

"Monica!" a faint voice called.

"I'm sorry, Rusk!"

"Monica!" a faint voice called.

"I'm sorry, Razor! Sniff I'm sorry, Sora... "

"MONICAAA!!!"

"Huh?" Monica was startled when she heard that scream. Looking ahead, she realized her hand was still gripping the staff.