Chapter 35 - Arch Dragon

"What is this place?"

Before he realized it, he was in a different, vast location. It was no longer the room with the magic circle. Looking around, he spotted a woman trapped in a spherical, watery enclosure.

"There's someone over there!" Raqnid took steps towards the woman, even though the distance was quite far. Once he reached the woman, he noticed she was inside a sphere filled with water.

Raqnid touched the sphere, and an orange light radiated from it. The woman's face became clearly visible, displaying her exceptionally beautiful face.

"Elf!"

‘Leave!’

"Huh? Whose voice is this?" After touching the sphere, Raqnid heard a voice speaking directly into his mind.

‘Leave this place now!’ she urged.

Raqnid looked around to see if anyone else was present besides himself and that woman.

"Who are you? Why are you telling me to leave?"

"Leave now before..."

Sudden bursts of fiery torches illuminated the place.

"Huh? What are those?" Raqnid was surprised and startled by the appearance of a massive creature.

‘Run!’ the woman's voice screamed in his mind.

"Geez!" Raqnid fled after hearing the woman's screams.

'KBOOMMM.'

Raqnid was sent flying from the force of the creature's attack.

"Ouch!" Raqnid staggered back but quickly regained his footing. He looked at the creature in front of him.

"ROAAARRR!"

"Ahh, it's a… DRAGON!" Raqnid stared in shock at the gigantic creature he had just encountered; it was a dragon.

'Hurry up run...'

"How do I get out of here?" Raqnid inquired.

'Run, there's an exit behind the dragon!'

"Alright," Raqnid responded, yet he didn't move from where he had been thrown.

"What are you doing? Hurry, run!" the voice implored.

Raqnid still didn't budge. He watched the dragon intently, his left hand prepared to grab his bow, and his right hand holding an arrow, prepared for a confrontation.

"RROAAARR!" The dragon flapped its wings, soaring towards Raqnid.

'Kid, run for your live!'

The Dragon approached him. His left hand reaches for the bow and his right hand releases the arrow simultaneously.

"Smoke Bomb Shot!" Raqnid released an arrow directly at the dragon. Thick black smoke surrounded the creature, obscuring its vision.

Raqnid sprinted towards the exit.

"Thank you!" Raqnid expressed his gratitude to the woman who had helped him.  As he passed through the exit, he heard her final words.

"Farewell..." her voice sounded mournful and sad.

"Hah! I'm safe... but," Raqnid contemplated the woman who had been trapped.
"Wait... Dragon Heart! The dragon!" He felt that the dragon might have what they had been searching for all along.
"No, no. It's too dangerous to face it alone. I'd better inform them first," Raqnid thought, tapping his cheeks.
"But... what if this place disappears? Moreover, the gateway that led here didn't exist before." His mind was clouded as he struggled to make a decision. Then, he thought of Anne and the others who had been working diligently to find the Dragon Heart to save their world.
"Argghhh... " Raqnid re-entered the area through the portal, holding his bow, fully prepared to face the dragon.
"What are you doing, kid?" the woman's voice echoed once again after Raqnid had re-entered.