Chapter 52 - Old Friend

At a place in the Elf city...

"Where is that hall?" Raqnid muttered to himself, feeling lost after being left behind by Wells and Shila.

"Huh? Ray!" Raqnid accidentally bumped into Ray. Raqnid tried to avoid Ray, but Ray called out to him.

"RAQNID!" Ray shouted.

Raqnid turned back to face Ray after being called. "Ah, Ray!" Raqnid responded as if just noticing Ray.

"WHY, WHY, WHY DO I ALWAYS LOSE TO YOU! WHAT ELSE AM I LACKING!" Ray's voice grew louder.

"Lost? What do you mean, Ray? I don't understand," Raqnid asked, puzzled.

"Heh, don't understand! You never even looked at me as a competitor!"

"Competitor? What nonsense are you talking about? I'm not your competitor! Your competitor is Jilk!"

"Jilk! Heh, he's not on my level, but you are, Raqnid!"

"Me?"

"I know you're hiding your strength, Raqnid! I've been observing you alone! Demon Lord Vishnal, the Demon's fortress, and the Demon King! I know, it's all your doing!"

"Why me!"

"BECAUSE YOU LIED TO ME!"

"Huh? When did I lie to you!"

"You might have forgotten, Chubby!"

"Chubby?" Raqnid felt like he had heard that name before.

####FLASHBACK####

When Ray was 7 years old.

SMACK!

SMASH!

"Hahaha, fat ugly kid!" - Bully 1.

"Total loser!" - Bully 2.

"Worthless!" - Bully 3.

When I was in elementary school, I was a bullying victim. Because I was ugly, fat, and weak, other kids in school liked to bully me.

Every time I was bullied, no one dared to help me. They just watched from afar. I began to feel sick and resentful of my life.

No one trusted me; my parents were always busy with their work and rarely at home. My teachers at school didn't care about what I had to say.

But one day, while I was being bullied in the park, two kids came to my rescue. The two kids fought against the three bullies. Although the fight was unfair, the two kids defeated the 3 bullies in the blink of an eye.

"Oi, don't you dare touch this kid again!" said the first kid.

"Yeah, this kid is now our gang!" said the second kid.

"If we catch you touching him again, you're finished!" said the first kid.

"Remember, this kid is now under the care of Raqnid and Fat!" said the second kid, Fat.

"Raqnid and Fat?" Bully 1.

"Oi, they're the strongest kids around here!" Bully 2.

"Run!" Bully 3.

The bullies fled like scared cats.

"Oi, are you okay!" Raqnid reached out to Ray.

"I'm Fat, and this is Raqnid! Nice to meet you, Chubby!" said Fat.

From that day on, I often spent time with them. They were well-known in the area.

Even though they went to a different school from mine, their influence was strong enough that the bullies at my school no longer dared to bother me.