Chapter 32 - Razor

My name is Razor, and I attend X High School. Every day at school is the day I despise the most because there are just too many people here.

I cherish the tranquility of solitude and the absence of anyone, much like the seclusion of my room. I'd rather spend the day inside my room, disconnected from the outside world. Consequently, I find myself alone at school, with no real "friends" to speak of.

Initially, nobody bothered me at school. Everyone kept their distance from me, and I enjoyed that. I was content.

However, my contentment at school was short-lived following a tragic incident that befell my parents. They died in a car accident after being hit by a truck.

Now, I'm an orphan. The incident that happened to me drew significant attention. The eyes that look at me, some are pitiful, some scorn, and some even take pleasure in my misfortune.

One day, I lost control of my emotions when there were just too many eyes on me. I simply wanted a peaceful and solitary life, with no need for their pity. I had a meltdown in my classroom. I kicked my desk and other desks in frustration.

"STOP STARING AT ME; I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY!"

My actions unintentionally led to the injury of a girl in my class. I never intended to harm anyone.

As a result, I was suspended from school for a week. After my parents' death, I lived with my paternal relatives. Initially, they took good care of me, but after a few months, they started to treat me like a slave. I found myself doing all the household chores, and it felt like they were only interested in my parents' money.

After the suspension period, I returned to school. The gazes directed at me hadn't diminished. Previously, they were filled with pity; now, they were laced with disdain. Many people had come to hate me.

Groups of bullies started targeting me. I would return home every day bearing the bruises and pain inflicted upon me, either during lunch breaks or after school. I was a loner, and nobody dared to come to rescue me because of fear of getting entangled with the bullies. No one was willing to help me anymore. I became a target of hatred and humiliation.

I can't live like this anymore, I can't stand being bullied, humiliated, and despised. I decided to commit suicide.

When school was over, I walked to the roof of the school. I stood on the fence looking down at how tall the school was. I would die if I jumped from the 3rd floor of this school.

My mind is mixed up. On one side of me, I want to jump and die. On the other hand, I'm hoping someone would stop me.

'Ekkkk' (door opens)

"Raqnid!"

"Huh ... Razor what are you doing here?
Why are you on the fence?"

After a few moments of observation, Raqnid understood the situation.

"So, You're going to kill yourself!"

"Hah... yes!", Razor strange to see the reaction of Raqnid who was not surprised by what he would do.

"I came here to get a book! I left it behind during the break."
As he was about to pick up his book, Raqnid stopped and looked at Razor.
"Don't worry! Go on with what you were planning to do!"

"Huh... ah, alright! Thank you," replied Razor, still puzzled by Raqnid's behavior.

Razor returned to his original intention of being on the edge of the rooftop.

Does he doesn't want to stop me from jumping,? Razor hoped.

'Krekk' (closed door sound)

He really left me!, Razor's emotions started to waver as to whether he should jump or not.