Chapter 21 - Elf

A few days after the attack.

All of us received rewards from King Alex for the help we provided. The group of Heroes received many accolades from King Alex for successfully slaying the dragon that was considered the Demon Lord.

Since that incident, the heroes have become a hot topic not only in the Human country but also in other countries. Within less than a year of their emergence, they achieved remarkable accomplishments.

Every member of the Guardian group received rewards except Raqnid and Fat.

"Ehh! Why didn't we get anything?" Fat asked Jones.

"Do you both think you deserve it? While others were risking their lives, you were hiding!" Jones refused to give rewards to Raqnid and Fat despite their reasons.

"But we helped in the guild!"

"Do you think I should believe you?"

Fat once again tried to stand his ground. Then, Raqnid put his right hand on Fat's left shoulder and shook his head. No matter what reasons they gave, Jones wouldn't accept them. It was clear that Jones would find excuses to take as much money as he could. They left in frustration.

"Argghh! I'm so annoyed with Jones! I feel like stomping on his face!" Fat was furious.

"Hahaha! Relax! Relax!" Raqnid tried to calm his friend down.

"Yo!" Doug and Kiel greeted us. Nancy was also with them.

"No success?" Kiel asked.

"Yeah! No success!" Fat replied.

"That Jones is worthless!" Doug chimed in.

"Hang in there!" Doug also tried to calm Fat down.

"Ummm! I'm hungry now! Raqnid, let's eat!" said Fat.

"Uhh! Alright, you guys don't want to join?" Raqnid ask.

"It's fine! We've already eaten!"

"Oh! Okay then, see you later!"

"Sure, see you!"

They parted ways there, waving to each other. However, Nancy still seemed awkward with Raqnid and Fat. She didn't say a word, though.

Raqnid and Fat finally headed to their favorite eating place. The place was very popular among hunters due to its cheap price and delicious food.

When they arrived, they ordered their usual dishes. Unbeknownst to them, someone tapped them from behind.

"Wow! Rookies!" It was Master Master Hulk. He then sat next to Fat.

"Why the gloomy faces, huh?" Master Master Hulk asked.

"It's nothing," Fat replied.

"Come on! Tell me, tell me!" Master Hulk pestered Fat like a child.

*What's up with this old guy? Can't he mind his own business?* Raqnid thought to himself.

Suddenly, a hand reached from behind Master Hulk and flicked his ear.

"What are you doing, Master Hulk? Disturbing people while they're eating!" Alene scolded as she twisted Master Hulk's ear.

"Ouch! Ouch! It hurts! Ahhh!"

Master Hulk squirmed in pain. Alene then looked at us.

"Oh! Raqnid, Fat! How are you?"

"Yeah, doing fine," Fat replied to Alene's question while glancing at Master Hulk, who was still wincing in pain.

Alene released Master Hulk's ear and then sat at the same table with us. She thanked us for the help we provided.