Chapter 42 - Fat Secret

Without hesitation, the group of heroes headed straight for the Demon King's castle upon sighting his figure. They no longer paid attention to the enemies around them; their priority was the Demon King. Every obstacle in their path was swiftly eliminated. Ray, as usual, led his group by being at the forefront.

*Ray, you are a failed hero. You failed to destroy the Demon nation's defenses. You failed...* an eerie voice began to echo in Ray's mind. After hearing the provocation, Ray sped up, leaving his group behind.

"Ray!" Zack shouted.

Ray could no longer hear Zack's calls. His focus was solely on that strange voice.

"Why is that guy suddenly moving so fast?" Jilk wondered.

"Come on, we can't leave Ray alone!" Sofia urged.

With a blink of an eye, Ray entered the castle area. He was unaware that his group was no longer behind him.

'TEENNGG!'

"Arghhhh!" Zack suddenly soared when attempting to enter the castle area.

"Zack!" Rose called out.

"Are you okay, Zack?" Sofia asked.

"What's wrong with you suddenly?" Jilk inquired.

"I don't know, I feel like something is blocking me from entering!"

"Hah?" The others were puzzled.

"Don't talk nonsense, how did Ray get in then!... HUH?" Jilk initially didn't believe Zack's words. After trying to approach the castle area, his hand seemed to touch something.

Sofia approached to feel for herself what was preventing them from entering. "It's an illusionary wall!"

"Illusionary wall!" Zack and Rose exclaimed.

"Hah, an illusionary wall! Nothing can stop me from entering!... Jilk Burst!" Jilk attacked the wall, thinking that it would shatter with his assault. However, in reality, the wall was completely unaffected by Jilk's attack.

"Hahaha, you think such a weak attack can destroy that wall!" a voice seemingly from nowhere suddenly echoed for the heroes.

"Who's there?" Jilk asked.

Then the person revealed themselves in front of them. It was Demon Lord Dolce.

"Who are you?" Zack questioned.

"Haha, an interesting question from a hero!" Demon Lord Dolce replied.

"Don't joke around; we don't have time to deal with you!" Jilk launched an attack on Demon Lord Dolce.

'Teeenngg' Jilk's attack was blocked by the illusionary wall.

"Heh, I didn't expect to be insulted like this!" Demon Lord Dolce became angry after being looked down upon by the heroes. The heroes, however, had no recognition of her, making her cold.

A powerful aura emanated from Demon Lord Dolce and was felt by the heroes. 'Shooosh!'

"Huh?" The heroes were surprised when Demon Lord Dolce, in the blink of an eye, appeared right in front of them.

"JILK!" Sofia yelled.

'Zeenng' Swiftly, Demon Lord Dolce attacked Jilk with his rapier.

"Erghhh!" Jilk couldn't react in time to dodge.

'Kriinnnk' Zack managed to save Jilk by parrying the attack.

"Gerghh!" Despite Zack's defense, the impact of the attack was so strong that it made Zack's hand tremble.