Chapter 51 - Mama

The day of Shara and Ray's wedding had arrived.

"Princess Shara!" Lyn was concerned to see Shara looking gloomy as the makeup artist worked on her.

Once Shara was dressed in her bridal attire, Lyn and Albert escorted her to the palace hall for the wedding ceremony.

Shara's heart was pounding nervously as she approached the hall.

Upon reaching the entrance of the hall, the guards opened the doors, and Shara entered, greeted by the eager crowd awaiting her arrival.

Many royals and nobles, as well as warriors who had fought in previous battles, were in attendance.

"Beautiful!" exclaimed the crowd as they laid eyes on Shara's radiance, with some feeling envious of the man who would soon be her husband.

"Behold the arrival of Princess Shara at the main entrance!" announced the emcee.

Clap! Clap! Clap! Thunderous applause filled the hall as Shara made her way inside.

Shara and her entourage walked towards the front of the hall where Ray stood.

Upon reaching the center of the hall, King Nolan took over from Lyn and Albert to escort Shara to the front.

Shara smiled at King Nolan, hiding her true feelings from her father.

"You look stunning, Shara," King Nolan whispered to his daughter.

King Nolan then accompanied Shara to Ray's side. Ray welcomed Shara with a sweet smile, but she paid him no attention.

*Where are you now, Raqnid? Witness your defeat to me!* Ray thought to himself.

They both prepared to proceed with the marriage ceremony.

*Farewell, Raqnid! Sob... sob!* Shara's heart still couldn't forget Raqnid.

KBOOOOMMM!!!

Before the officiant could say anything, the main door of the hall was shattered.

"I OBJECT TO THIS MARRIAGE!" someone shouted.

"What's happening?" murmured the crowd in confusion.

"Who dares to disrupt this wedding? GUARDS, SEIZE THE INTRUDER!!!" King Nolan yelled.

The guards moved to apprehend the intruder.

WHOOSH!

"ARRGGHHH!!!" the palace guards were sent flying after the intruder swung their sword, clearing the dust from the broken door. The individual, wearing a black hooded cloak, appeared.

SHOOOSH!

In the blink of an eye, the intruder stood before King Nolan, brandishing their sword.

"Grrr, how dare you point your sword at me! Do you know who I am? I am the king of this realm!" King Nolan asserted.

WHOOSH!

The intruder remained unfazed by King Nolan's words, placing their sword at his throat.

"Hehh, if you're a king, then I am the queen!"

"Huh? A woman's voice! Who are you?" King Nolan inquired.

The intruder then removed their hood, lowering their sword.

"Long time no see, Nolan!"

Upon seeing the intruder, tears welled up in King Nolan's eyes.

"Impossible!" King Nolan was stunned to see his long-lost wife.

*Huh, father is crying!* Shara was surprised to see her father shedding tears for the first time.

"Stop! Don't move!" the Elf soldiers began surrounding Shila with their weapons drawn.

King Nolan approached Shila, seemingly unable to believe what he was seeing. He whispered to Shila, "You think I'll be fooled by your disguise, daring to impersonate my wife! I'll make sure you suffer—"

DOOMM!

Shila delivered a punch to Nolan's stomach. "Haishh!", Shila was pissed off.

"Gorghh!" King Nolan immediately bowed down after receiving the blow.

Shila then redirected her gaze towards Shara and walked towards her.

"My majesty! How dare you—" the Elf army tried to attack Shila.

"Wait! Don't hurt her!" the army was stopped by the King Nolan.

"My majesty! My majesty, are you okay?" asked one of the Elf soldiers.

*Huh! That girl who was with Raqnid that night!* Shara after seeing Shila's face.

Shila continued to walk towards Shara without anyone stopping her because everyone was following the orders of King Nolan. Unbeknownst to Shara, she was hugged tightly by Shila.

*Huh? Why is he hugging me?* Shara was confused.

"My dear! I really missed you!" Shila called out to her daughter with a gentle voice.

"Huh?" Although Shara was still confused, she could feel the deep motherly love, causing tears to flow from her eyes unknowingly.

"Forgive me, Shara! For not being able to raise you!" Shila apologized tearfully.

"Is it you, Mama?" Shara looked at Shila in disbelief.

"Yes, it's me, your mama!" Shila smiled warmly.

"Sob... sob! Guargghh! Mama!" Shara cried in her mother's embrace.

"Attention, everyone! Bow to her majesty, Queen Shila!" King Nolan announced.

"ALL HAIL!!!"

*Heh, her punches are still as strong as ever!* King Nolan thought to himself.

"Stop crying, my dear! Go!" Shila gently pushed Shara away.

"Huh?" Although still confused, Shara understood her mother's intentions. "Mama, you mean—!"

Shila nodded in confirmation. "Tell him your feelings!"

"Alright! But, what about Father—!" Shara was still afraid of her father's reaction.

"Don't worry, leave it to Mama... The most important thing is my daughter's happiness! Now, go!"

"Thank you, Mama!" Once again, Shara hugged Shila before slowly leaving.

"Huh? Where is Shara going?" King Nolan questioned.

"What's happening? Why is Princess Shara leaving the hall?" the guests inside were puzzled.

"Tchh!" Ray was annoyed, then he left the hall too.

"Why is the groom leaving the hall?" the people inside wondered.

Shila then shifted her attention back to Nolan.

"Huhh?" Seeing Shila looking at him made King Nolan uneasy.

SHOOSH!

Shila quickly grabbed Nolan's collar. "How dare you force my daughter to marry a man she doesn't love!"

"Ehh.. Ehhh!" King Nolan gulped nervously.