Chapter 23 - Sayonara

Today is Sara's last day in Human country.

*Do I need to help her win today?* Raqnid jumped from one tree to another, searching for Sara.

He spotted Sara standing amidst an area surrounded by trees. She seemed unprepared for a fight.

Raqnid approached Sara and greeted her, "Sara, what are you doing? You don't seem ready to fight today!"

Sara remained silent and then walked away from the scene.

Raqnid was puzzled by Sara's reaction. *What's wrong with her?* he wondered.

That night...

All the members of the group gathered, as did all the Elves. They celebrated the last day of the Elves' stay in the country and their departure the next day.

Raqnid and Fat enjoyed the various dishes provided for the celebration.

"Now is our chance, Raqnid, to eat to our heart's content... Mmm!" Fat exclaimed while chewing on a piece of chicken.

"Uhmm... mmmm," Raqnid's mouth was full of food.

Albert and Sara could be seen approaching them from a distance. Sara walked with her head down.

"Uhuk... uhuk," Raqnid choked as he tried to quickly finish the food in his mouth.

They stopped eating and waited for Albert and Sara to reach them. Sara suddenly halted.

*I can't face Raqnid! No! No!* Sara thought to herself.

"Why, Sara?" Albert asked.

Sara signaled that she needed to use the restroom, using this as an excuse to avoid meeting Raqnid.

"Alright, be careful!" Albert said.

Sara left without looking back at Albert.

"Where is Sara going?" Fat wondered.

*What's up with Sara? She's been acting strangely since noon,* Raqnid thought.

Albert then approached Raqnid and Fat.

"Hello!" Albert greeted them both.

"We're good!" they both replied.

Albert looked at Raqnid with a serious expression.

*Gulp! Why is this old man looking at me so seriously?* Raqnid felt uncomfortable.

Albert then hugged Raqnid tightly.

"Hehehe! Thank you, Raqnid, for taking care of Sara for these 3 months!" Albert said with a hint of sadness.

*Oh no!* Raqnid thought.

"You're welcome!" Raqnid replied, patting Albert's back as they hugged.

Many people observed their hugging.

"Sir! Can you please let go of me? I think that's enough, people are looking at us strangely!" Raqnid said.

Albert then hugged Raqnid even tighter. "Have you not touched or asked Sara to do anything inappropriate?" his previously gentle tone turned stern.

(Gulp!) "No! No!" Raqnid nervously replied.

Albert finally released Raqnid from the hug. He thanked Raqnid for being Sara's partner for 3 months.

"Sir! Where did Sara go earlier? Why didn't she come with you?" Fat asked.

"Oh! You don't need to know that! It's women's business!" Albert answered with seriousness.