Chapter 25 - Elf Country

"Have you finished getting ready, Raqnid?" Fat asked.

"Yes! Yes! I'm ready!" Raqnid replied.

"Let's go then!" said Fat.

They both headed to their designated gathering point.

Upon arriving, all the other members were already there, placing their belongings into the horse-drawn carriages.

"Raqnid, Fat, you guys are in the same carriage as Doug's group." Jones gave instructions.

"Yo!" Doug greeted.

"Hehe! Luckily we're in the same group." Fat smiled.

"That's right, if we were in a group with other Guardian members, it'd definitely put us in a bad mood," Kiel said.

"They're probably still mad at us for the test the other day!" Doug added.

Over the course of a year, bit by bit, the members of the Guardian group passed the tests set by Jones. Now, all of them had passed.

"Is everyone in the Hero group ready?" Gaius asked.

"Yes, all of our members are ready." Ray, the leader of the Hero group, answered.

"What about the Guardian and Support groups?"

"We're ready too, sir!" Jones replied.

"Us too!" Jamie, representing the Support group, said.

"Alright, if everyone's ready, we'll depart in 5 minutes. Get ready!" Gaius commanded.

"Yes, sir!"

After 5 minutes, they all set off. Each carriage was manned by 5 people, taking turns to control the carriage.

"I'll take the reins of this horse-drawn carriage first!" Fat was already at the front to steer the horse.

"Do whatever you want, Fat!" Raqnid only shook his head at Fat's enthusiasm.

"Hahaha!" Kiel laughed.

Nancy, as usual, remained shy and didn't speak at all.

Their journey took 3 days and 2 nights. They traveled during the day and rested at night.

Several of them were chosen to ensure the security of their convoy.

The Elven country was situated to the east of the Human country.

The first day ended without any obstacles.

The second day also went smoothly. They had entered the Elven country but hadn't reached the capital city yet.

The third day, the day they would arrive in the Elven capital.

As they approached the Elven country, they encountered taller trees, some exceeding 50 meters in height. From a distance, these tall trees were neatly arranged, resembling a fortress protecting the Elven capital.

"Wow! These trees are huge." Fat exclaimed.

"Elves are creatures that deeply love nature! Their daily lives revolve around the environment. Magic, food, and energy sources come from the surroundings. Many of their houses and structures are built within the tall trees." Kiel explained.

"How do you know all this, Kiel?" Raqnid asked.

"Hehehe! Reading!" Kiel replied with a smile.

"Huh! This guy and his books are inseparable." Doug commented.

"Hahaha! That's a good thing, at least there's someone who knows about the Elven country." Raqnid said.

"Don't worry, I know everything about the Elven country. Ask me anything. It's all up here!" Kiel pointed to his head.