Chapter 49 - Married

3 days later...

The war had finally concluded, and a search team was assigned the task of locating the hidden portal within the Demon King's palace. The portal that would allow Raqnid and his classmates to return to their original world.

Today marked the burial day for the warriors who played significant roles in the war, including Razor and Rose. They were laid to rest in the city of Mardi, a city specifically constructed for the preparation of the war against the Demon forces.

All their close friends and acquaintances attended the ceremony, along with the kings from each nation who came to honor the fallen heroes. Rose and Razor's comrades surrounded their graves.

Those who were close to Rose keenly felt her absence. Ray, too, mourned upon learning the news after successfully defeating Demon King Valkanon. Razor's grave was surrounded by his fellow friends: Raqnid, Wells, Izar, Paul, and Anne. Each of them had played a crucial role in the war.

*Razor! Thanks for everything!* Izar.

*Razor, you are the best leader! * Paul.

*Goodbye, Razor! * Anne.

*Even though our meeting was short, it was the best experience of my life! * Well.

*May you rest there, my friend! * Raqnid.

There were tears shed, and sorrow lingered in the air for the loss of their beloved companions. The sacrifices made were significant, providing safety to the world from the greatest threat it faced—the Demons.

Shara watched Raqnid from a distance, worried about his health after recovering from his injuries. Shara did not dare to approach because she did not know and knew who Razor was for Raqnid.

After the burial, most people dispersed, leaving only a few behind. Jilk, Zack, and Sofia remained at the site.

"Jilk, don't you want to regenerate your hand?" Zack inquired.

"No," replied Jilk.

Jilk's left hand had been severed during the battle with Demon Lord Dolce. He had decided not to regenerate it as a self-imposed punishment for Rose's death.

Izar, Paul, and Nancy were still at Razor's grave.

Ray, preparing to leave, saw Raqnid within the group. "Isn't that Raqnid–"

Not only Ray but also Fat and Sora noticed Raqnid. Without hesitation, the two of them pushed through the crowd to greet their friend.

"Sorry, coming through!"

After making their way through, Fat addressed the person in front of him. "Raqnid!"

"Huh?" To their surprise, the person they greeted wasn't Raqnid. They looked around, searching for Raqnid but couldn't find him.

"I'm sure I saw Raqnid earlier!" Sora exclaimed.

"Me too!" added Fat.

—---------------------------------------------------

Shara, too, searched for Raqnid among the crowd. However, he was nowhere to be found. She then noticed her grandfather and approached him.

"Grandpa!"

"Shara! What are you doing here?"

"Did you see Raqnid, Grandpa?"

"Raqnid? Yes, he was standing next to me earlier."

Wells looks beside him.

"Where is he?"

"HUHH?"

Searching the surroundings, they found no sign of Raqnid. Only a few people remained near the graves, and Raqnid was not among them.