Chapter 34 - Dragon Heart

8 months have passed...

Since the day Wells and I joined Razor's group, we've been exploring dungeons in search of the 'Dragon Heart.' We've explored over 50 dungeons but still haven't found it.

A war might break out soon, and with the current state of affairs, Ray and the other Heroes may not be strong enough to defeat the Demon King. That's why we're searching for the 'Dragon Heart' because it can weaken the Demon King. Hopefully, by doing so, we can provide some assistance to the Heroes.

We've traveled to almost all the countries searching for dungeons. Each dungeon has been explored by us in our quest to find the elusive item.

I haven't seen Fat and the others for a long time. They probably think I'm dead. Hmmm...

"Raqnid, help me!" Izar, the Lizardman in Razor's group, shouted.

"Huh... Alright!" Raqnid dispatched all the Orcs who were approaching Izar from behind with his arrows.

"How much longer, Wells?" Razor called out.

"Ugh, be patient!" Wells, while gathering energy for a powerful shot, replied.

They were inside an Orc lair, facing thousands of Orcs.

"Hiyarghh!" Paul, the dwarf, protected us so efficiently. Every Orc did not escape Paul's gaze.

"Old man!" Raqnid yelled cannot hold the enemy any longer.

"Everyone, fall back! … Atomic Shot!" Wells released his arrow.

'Zhoooshhh,' the sound of the arrow whizzing through the air was intense.

Raqnid and the others quickly retreated 50 meters away from the Orc army to avoid being caught in the blast radius of Wells' attack.

'KBOOMMM!'

'BOOMMM'

Wells' attack created a massive area of effect (AOE) that covered all the Orc forces. In the blink of an eye, the large Orc lair was decimated by a single shot from Wells.
*"I hate to admit it, but this old man is incredibly strong. Who is him actulally? Even the palace archers might not be able to pull off shots like these,* Raqnid thought.

"Nice shot, Wells!" Izar gave a thumbs-up to Wells.

"Heh... How about that, kid?" Wells smirked at Raqnid.

"Geez..." Raqnid grumbled.

"Garggghh!" roared the Orc king.

"Huh?... The orc king is still alive!" Paul exclaimed.

"Heh... Looks like your attack wasn't strong enough to kill the Orc king, old man," Raqnid grinned and took aim at the Orc king.

'Silent shot,' the arrow shot without making a sound struck the Orc king right in the throat.

"Gorrgh... Gork..." The Orc king clutched his throat, which now had an arrow hole, trying to breathe before collapsing.

"Hehe, I win this time," Raqnid grinned, looking at Wells.

*This kid, he killed the Orc king just like that! I wonder how strong he really is,* Wells thought to himself.

"Well done, Raqnid!" Izar ran up and hugged Raqnid from behind.

"Good job, both of you," Amani, the Elf healer, praised.

Afterward, we searched the Orc belongings but still didn't find the 'Dragon Heart.'

As I expected from the beginning, Razor would become a powerful individual after being shunned. It's just like many of the comics I've read, where a character who's isolated and mistreated by their peers in another world ends up surprising everyone with their extraordinary strength. Now I can see the results myself, though I'm not particularly surprised, as I had anticipated this outcome.

Razor is a Black Wizard who wields the power of dark elements. What's more, he's skilled in forbidden magic. Forbidden magic is magic that has been abandoned and prohibited due to its extreme danger. Anyone caught using this magic can be arrested and imprisoned. Therefore, Razor only employs this magic when necessary.

Izar, on the other hand, is a 'Spearman' from the Lizardman tribe. He can deliver significant damage but finds it challenging to attack large, heavily armored monsters who have strong defenses, as such monsters require attacks at their weak points.

Amani is a healer from the Elf tribe. She can't deal damage to monsters but excels at tending to the injuries of her comrades.

Paul, hailing from the Dwarf tribe, serves as the tank in this group. He possesses high durability and is primarily responsible for protecting his teammates.

Finally, Anne, a Beastman, is the tactician of the group. She doesn't carry a weapon and doesn't know how to fight, but she's exceptionally adept at identifying the weaknesses of the enemies. Anne is the one who gathers information and plans out strategies, including locating all the dungeons for our exploration.

***

All of them set up camp after finishing their dungeon exploration, sitting around the campfire to warm themselves.

"Hurgh, this dungeon didn't have it either." - Amani

"I'm sorry, everyone!" - Anne

"Don't worry, Anne, we haven't finished exploring all the dungeons you've found yet!" - Razor

"We're running out of time. What if we still can't find it?" Anne expressed her concern.

"If we don't find it, we still have Raqnid and Wells. They're strong, and they'll be able to help the Hero defeat the Demon King." - Razor reassured Anne.

"Oh, don't worry. I could shoot the Demon King right now if you want." - Raqnid joked.

"Hmm." - Anne lowered her head, still worried.

"Don't worry." - Razor held Anne's hand as she was concerned. Anne saw Razor's confident expression and her worries disappeared.

"Thank you, everyone!" - Anne

"We're here for you, Anne." - Paul

'Uargh,' Wells yawned.

"Let's get some sleep. It'll help us forget our worries." - Izar got up and headed to his sleeping spot.

"Good night."

***

That night, everyone was asleep except for Raqnid. It was his turn to watch over the safety of the group.

He patrolled the area around their campsite.

"Huh?" - Raqnid noticed a concealed gateway hidden among the surrounding trees. The gate looked unique and ancient.

"I don't remember seeing this gate before."

Curiosity sparked within Raqnid.

"Should I go in?" Raqnid inspected the gate closely and gently pushed it open.

'Krekkk.'

He peered inside the gate, but it was pitch dark, and he couldn't see anything.

[Night Mode Active]

Even with his activated skill, he couldn't fully see what was inside the gate as there was another path leading to the right.

"I hope this isn't a dungeon." - His foot stepped inside the gate, and he placed his left hand on the wall, walking cautiously to avoid any potential traps.

Step by step, he encountered another, smaller door, which he entered.

"Huh? Magic circle?" - There was a large magic circle that filled the room. Apart from the magic circle, the room appeared empty.

"Better get out of here before anything happens."

As Raqnid turned to leave, the magic circle suddenly shone brightly.

"Ahh!" - The blinding light forced Raqnid to shield his eyes with his right hand.

The light disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. Raqnid opened his eyes.

"What is this place?"