Chapter 50 - Shila

"Huh, Shara!" Raqnid was surprised to see Shara.

"Raqnid!" so is Shara.

*Shara?* The Elf woman next to Raqnid.

"What are you do—"

SLAP!

Before Raqnid could finish his question, Shara's right hand landed on his face. Then, Raqnid saw tears streaming down Shara's face.

"I hate you, Raqnid!" Shara left the place using a teleportation item.

"Wait!" Raqnid couldn't stop Shara; she disappeared in an instant.

ZHOOOP!

Wells, who had just arrived, was shocked to see his granddaughter using a teleportation device to leave the scene.

"RAQNIDDD! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY GRANDDAUGHTER!" Wells grabbed Raqnid by the collar.

"Huh? Your granddaughter?" Raqnid was confused.

"Father!" the woman next to Raqnid then called Wells by the title.

"Huh? Father?" Raqnid was even more puzzled.

Wells looked at the woman and was astonished. He then released his grip on Raqnid's collar.

"You!" Wells pointed his finger at the woman.

"Shila!" Wells said.

"Yes, this is me father!" the woman replied.

They both hugged each other, overwhelmed with emotion.

*Oi! Oi! What's happening here? Why did the aunt call this old man, Father, and why did the old man call Shara his granddaughter?* Raqnid was confused.

*Shara is Wells' granddaughter! That means Wells is Shara's grandfather... Shara is the princess of the Elf kingdom. That means Wells is the father of the Elf king... Shila calls Wells Father, meaning Shila is also of royal descent... Haha? I've been socializing with the wrong people!* Raqnid realized he had made a big mistake. All this time, he had been trying to avoid people who were famous and influential so as not to be recognized. But unknowingly, he had been mingling with royalty.

"NOOOOO!" Raqnid screamed.

"Huh?" Wells and Shila just watched Raqnid screaming.

"Let's talk inside, Father!" Shila suggested.

"Alright, while this kid accepts reality!" Wells replied.

"Where have you been all this time, Shila?" Wells asked after they sat down at the dining table.

"I was imprisoned, Father!" Shila replied.

"Imprisoned?"

"I failed to kill the Arch Dragon... So, the last resort was to imprison the dragon with me."

"So you used that power!"

"Yes, Father! I had no other choice... If not, the Elven kingdom, Nolan... Shara!" Shila started to tear up.

"I understand, you were desperate! So how did you escape!"

Shila glanced at Raqnid. Then, Wells looked in the same direction.

"Raqnid? No! It can't be him who killed..." Wells looked back at Shila.

Shila nodded in affirmation.

"Haah! Alone?"

Once again, Shila nodded.

"Hah! He couldn't be that strong!" Wells was astonished to learn this.

"So it was that night!" Wells realized something strange happened the night before they found the Dragon Heart. That night, Wells woke up from his sleep and found Raqnid missing. He searched for Raqnid but couldn't find him until the next day when Raqnid returned to their camp. That's how Wells learned of Raqnid's presence in this village.