Chapter 19 - Demon Lord

Three weeks later...

During the course of three weeks, many things had happened. Fat and I were living our lives as usual, just like ordinary people in this new world. Every day, we would take on tasks in the guild to sustain our livelihood. Most of the tasks we did were ordinary and easy.

During this period, one of our classmates had disappeared. It was suspected that Razor, a member of the Support group and a loner in our school, was the one who vanished.

We rarely met Sora as well because she was busy with her work alongside the Hero group. They were undertaking various dangerous tasks and returning with great success. They were becoming well-known not only in the Human country but also in other nations.

We also discovered another scheme by Jones, the leader of the Guardian group. His aim was not only to control all the members of the Guardian group but he had also taken a portion of the money given by King Alex to us. King Alex had given 3000 gil to the Heroes and 2500 gil to the members of the Hero group. Meanwhile, the Guardian group was supposed to receive 2000 gil each, and the Support group was supposed to receive 1500 gil. However, Jones only gave us 800 gil after the wolf hunting exam. He had taken a significant amount of money from us, and what was surprising was that none of the Guardian group members knew about it. We only found out through Sora, as if someone was hiding this information.

In the Demon King's palace...

A meeting between the Demon King and all the Demon Lords was about to take place. All the Demon Lords gathered inside the Demon King's palace, waiting for the arrival of the Demon King and the other Demon Lords.

The roundtable meeting was about to begin. In the Demon country, there were five Demon Lords appointed by the Demon King. They were appointed based on their power and influence.

"Arghhh! Why am I always early or are they always late?"

"Why are you shouting like that, Dylas?" Leon entered the meeting room.

"Leon!"

Suddenly, a wall behind Dylas shattered. Dylas was startled by the sight and shouted, "Arghhhhh!"

"Dylas, you never change, always screaming like that! Tehee!"

"You idiot, Pico! Of course, I would scream! And you, don't you know how to enter through a door?" Dylas exclaimed angrily.

"Hahaha! You never change, Dylas." Leon chuckled.

"Tehee! It is slow to enter through the door," Pico replied.

Then a woman entered through the door. "What's all this noise?"

"What's wrong with you, Dylas? How dare you sit on the table!"

"It's not my fault, Dolce. It's all because of this girl who broke the wall," Dylas replied.

"Quickly fix it, Pico!" Dolce said sternly.

"Alright! Alright! Don't be angry, Tehee!"

The broken wall returned to its original state after Pico used his magic.

"Now, only Vishnal and the Demon King haven't arrived yet," Leon said.

"Hey! Why did the Demon King suddenly call us?" Dylas asked.

"I heard rumors that the Hero has appeared," Leon answered.

"What! The Hero! Does Vishnal know about this? If he does!" Dylas was surprised.

"He must be searching for the Hero!" Pico added.

Everyone fell silent, pondering over this. Then Dolce spoke up, "It's not right!"