Chapter 48 - Victory

Raqnid suffered severe injuries from the Demon King's attack. It seemed impossible for him to rise again and face the Demon King.

*It's impossible for me to defeat this monster; he's too powerful. Razor was right, two years aren't enough. If only I hadn't killed Demon Lord Vishnal that day, this war wouldn't have happened so quickly. Gough.*

Raqnid thought it was all over, but fate favored him.

TINGG!!!

"Huh?" Demon King sensed something amiss.

"My power! My power is being blocked!"

Dragon Heart had been successfully activated just when Raqnid was on the brink of despair. But that wasn't the only twist of fate.

TINGGG!!!

Another miracle favored Raqnid as Rose's final spell reached him.

"Huh?" Raqnid felt surprised as his body and Ray's healed.

Raqnid stood up and observed Demon King in disarray.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY POWERRR!!!" Demon King roared.

"Hehe, Razor did it!" Raqnid grinned.

*********** FLASHBACK ********
"When Dragon Heart is successfully activated, the Demon clan's power within this magic circle will be blocked by half. So, this moment is a golden opportunity for the Heroes to defeat the Demon King. But remember, this magic can only last for one hour. If they fail to defeat Demon King within that time, our future is doomed!" Razor explained.
*****************

*So, I have only one hour to defeat this monster... Gulp! But Razor didn't mention that Dragon Heart could heal the person within it... Ah, never mind. Now I need to focus on this monster.* Raqnid thought to himself.

"Hehe, now it's fair!" Raqnid told Demon King.

"Huh? You! How can you—Ciss, Dragon Heart! You used that thing to block my power..."

"Exactly. Now, let's start round two!" Raqnid said.

Raqnid gripped both of his knives, ready to attack.

[Telepathy] [Skill] [A] - Allows the user to communicate with someone using their mind without speaking.

*Ray!*

"Huh? Whose voice is this?" Ray wondered, hearing a voice in his mind.

*Ray, prepare your strongest skill. I want you to finish Demon King. I'll ensure he won't be able to dodge or parry your attack. Just wait for my signal!*

Then the voice disappeared from his mind.

"So, that was someone's voice!" Ray looked towards Raqnid.

"Gerrgh.. COME TO MEE!!" Demon King shouted towards Raqnid.

SHOOSH!!

Raqnid dashed swiftly toward Demon King.

CLANNG!!

Raqnid's knives and Demon King's large sword met.

CLANKK!!

CLINGG!!

CINNG!!

Both of them exchanged attacks. Now, Demon King couldn't match Raqnid's speed, but his strength and endurance still surpassed Raqnid's.

They both had their own advantages. Raqnid with his speed and Demon King with his powerful attacks and endurance.

In Ray's eyes, all he saw were sparks of light as they clashed. The light emitted from the collision of their weapons.